37

Megan's POV

My morning started out shitty but it got a little better when I got my daily text from Tom. He'd been sending me morning and night texts since we'd watched the movies together and it was really a nice way to wake up.

Good morning, darling.
I'm just heading to set
now but it's a lovely
fall day here in the city.

It's a gorgeous morning
here at the lake. It's
so peaceful here!

 It's so peaceful here!

Sleeping in today.
Wish you were here.

Me too. This is
what I get to do
today instead.

I laughed quietly when Tom sent me a picture of him and Chris Hemsworth in costume. I didn't know what they were doing, but it really brightened my day.

Have a good day on set!

I will certainly try.
Talk to you
tonight, darling.

Looking forward
to it already.   ☺️

I went back to the conversation I'd been contemplating before Tom's text had arrived, but I still wasn't sure what to think right now. I'd gotten my fair share of drunk texts over the years from girlfriends and various ex's but this – this was something else – and I didn't know what to think about it.

I sat in bed for a long time, and I was fairly sure I had my emotions under control right now, so I went upstairs, knowing from the smell of coffee that Sadie was awake, even if it was earlier than we normally had to be up.

"Do you want pancakes or waffles?" Sadie asked, giving me a small smile that was a little strained at the edges.

"Whatever you feel like; I'm not picky. What's wrong, Sadie?" I asked, taking a seat across from her and seeing that her eyes were red.