10

Chris' POV

By the time we wrapped on Friday I was more than ready to be done for the week. It felt like it had been an even longer week than usual. I'd gotten used to my condo and my trailer smelling like Megan when I returned to it each afternoon, cinnamon and vanilla lingering in the air mixed with a hint of Sadie's perfume.

I didn't regret telling Sadie it was fine for Megan to be there working on figuring out Sadie's calendar, it just made me even more determined to find someone tonight. For as hard as I got every time I breathed in that faint reminder of her presence in my trailer or at home, I knew it'd just been too long since I'd gotten laid. The only problem was that I didn't have any interest in other women anymore, but enough alcohol could change that.

I got changed out of my costume and grabbed my duffle bag before meeting up Sebastian so we could head home to get ready to go out with the guys.

"You can shower first, Seb. Hey Sadie - where are you?" I called as I let us in. Music was playing, so I knew she was there somewhere. Sebastian headed back to the guest room to use the shower and get ready.

"In here," she replied from the kitchen. I tossed my bag aside and walked into the kitchen, the smell of something delicious in the air.

"You look great," I said as I came up behind her and kissed her bare shoulder right on the old scar there, a reminder of when she'd saved our lives. "Did you get a new dress?" She was wearing one I hadn't seen before: a knee length one-shouldered light flowy dress in a shade of blue that really complimented her creamy skin. It must be a special occasion - she even had heels on.

"Thanks. Megan helped me pick it out. I've had it for a while but I've never worn this one before."

I smiled and twirled her before pulling her into a waltz as the song changed. "What's this song?"

"It's from Winter Soldier. Whatever was playing when Seb shot Fury."

"Why on earth are you listening to that?"

"I like the song. Are you going to dance with me tonight? I forgot how good of a dancer you are."

"For as many lessons as my Ma made me take I'd hope I'd be decent at it," I grumped, twirling her again. "But of course I'll dance with you, doll. Wild horses couldn't stop me from taking a turn around the floor with my best girl. What are you making? It smells great."

"Sadie -" Megan said, coming into the kitchen in just a white towel wrapped around her, finger combing through her long, dark red tresses.  She squeaked when she saw me and bolted right back out of the kitchen, leaving me speechless. All I could think of was that she looked really damn good in that towel - and my pants were now way too tight.

"I don't think she heard you come in," Sadie said with an apologetic smile.

"What gave you that idea?" I said, my voice rough. I cleared my throat before I continued. "Seb's here too, just so you know."

"Does Megan know that?"

I winced as a squeak came from either the guest room or the bathroom and moments later we heard a door slam. "I'm going to guess she does now. You better go talk to her, doll. I think she likes surprises as much as you do."

"Chris, I hate surprises," Sadie reminded me.

"I know," I said with a grin, kissing her cheek and letting go of her. "I'm going to get cleaned up. Thanks for the dance."

"You're welcome. I didn't want to say anything," Sadie smirked, turning to look at me. "But you really do stink right now, Chris."

"I always do when I have to wear the suit. I still smell better than Seb does when he gets his suit off."