60

Chris' POV

I called Megan on one of our longer breaks just to talk for a little bit. She sounded horrible when she answered, her voice cutting out. "You okay, baby? You sound a little rough."

    "Just recovering," she said so quietly I had to turn my volume up all the way.

    "From what? I didn't think you got hangovers."

    "I don't," she said, clearing her throat. "Shawn didn't believe me when I told him I'd get seasick since it was a really nice day and the water was pretty smooth."

"But you still got sick?"

"As a dog," she affirmed. "The boat driver gave me a Preggie pop and that helped, but I still feel awful."

"What's a Preggie pop?" I asked, confused.

"It's a lollipop that's supposed to help with nausea. Pregnant women use them to help with mild morning sickness, which is why the boat driver had them. He said they were the only things that would help his wife settle her stomach right now, so he had a stash of them on his boat."

"Did it help you?"

"Not really, but it at least got the yucky taste out of my mouth. I'm going to try going to sleep early tonight and hopefully I'll be good as new in the morning."

    "Are you okay now?" I asked, more than a little worried about her. I hated that she was so far away right now and there was nothing I could do to make her feel better.

    "I'll live. My throat's pretty sore and I pulled a muscle in my back from retching. I'm glad you weren't there to see that."

    "I'm sorry, baby. I wish I was there to take care of you," I said, closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose as I tried to stay calm. Letting myself get worked up wouldn't help either of us. "If they have a massage therapist nearby you should get an appointment. It'll help. Otherwise I can have Josh make some calls."

"It's okay," she said. "They do have one here and Julia and I are getting massages tomorrow morning. Shawn had a doctor come look at me and he gave me some IV fluids and something for my throat. I can't sing until our next show and I'm not supposed to talk much."

"Did he make you go on the boat, Megan?"

    "Not like that," she said, and I could hear the amusement in her voice. "I didn't have much of a choice; it really was the only way to get to where we were going. He felt really bad because of how horribly sick I was the whole time there and back."

    "I hope he did; he better not make you do that again." A knock on my trailer door got my attention and I looked over to see Josh pointing at his watch, indicating I was supposed to be back on set. "I have to get back to set but we'll be done in a couple hours and I can call you then."

"I'm glad you called, Chris, but my throat really hurts now, so just text me, okay?"

"Okay. I'll text you tonight, baby. Hope you feel better soon."

    "Thanks, Chris. Bye."

"How's Megan?" Sebastian asked when I came back to the set.

    "She's pretty miserable; they had to take a boat somewhere and it didn't go well for her."

    "Ohhh – that sucks," he said, knowing what I meant. He knew she got seasick because she'd told him about skipping out on the gondola tour. "I'll give her a call when we get done today."

    "She's not supposed to talk - doctor's orders - but you can text her."

    "I'll do that. And you're going to drive me nuts all day because there's nothing you can do to help her feel better, right?"