57

Megan's POV

"I can't believe I let him talk me into this," I muttered to myself as I walked off the plane Saturday morning in Boston and went in search of my luggage. The airport was a total zoo, but at least I'd expected that.

Chris was meeting me at the airport to drive me to his mom's house for a family dinner - and so I could meet his mom and sisters. I hoped they liked me or otherwise I was pretty sure our relationship would be over. He and his mom were really close and talked almost daily, so her opinion was important to him - he'd even told her when he'd lost his virginity as a teenager. I mean I was pretty close to my mom, but not that close.

I found both of my suitcases at the baggage claim and pulled them off to the side before calling Chris to see where he was. My flight had gotten in a little late, but only by 10 or 15 minutes.

"Hey baby," he said, answering right away. "I'm to your right about a hundred feet away. They changed the terminal your flight was landing in and I didn't notice right away or I would've been over here already." I looked to my right and saw him in a grayish black peacoat, scarf, and glasses.

"I see you," I said, smiling. "Nice disguise. Fangirls on your trail again?"

"Yeah," he sighed. "Somehow they spotted me. I don't know how that always happens."

"Because you walk like a friggin model. I'm hanging up now," I warned him, pulling the phone away from my ear. He was almost close enough to talk to now.

"I can't believe you hung up on me!" He said, pulling me into his arms and hugging me tightly. I inhaled deeply, breathing in his scent; since he was around Sadie, he'd went easy on the cologne, letting more of his natural scent come through.

"You're right here, Chris," I sighed, feeling much happier now; I'd missed him more than I'd like to admit. "I'd much rather talk to you in person."

He gave me a quick peck on the forehead. "Same. Let's get outta here already; I missed you so much, baby."

"Missed you too," I said, smiling up at him and letting go.

He took the larger suitcase and pulled it for me while I rolled the smaller one behind me. I'd had to bring everything I was going to take with on tour because I was flying out tomorrow afternoon. He put my suitcases in the back end and climbed in, pulling me close for a proper kiss that was long overdue but left us both wanting more.

"Can't wait to show you my place later," he said with a small smile when we finally broke the kiss. "We're not staying at my Ma's tonight."

"Why not?" I asked, taking his hand as he started the car. "Not that I really mind, but I'm curious as to your reason."

His lips curved endearingly. "Because you still aren't very quiet, baby."

"You like it when I'm loud," I pointed out, rolling my eyes at him. We both knew that if I tried to keep quiet it just encouraged him to try harder to make me lose control - and he was amazingly good at that.

"Never said I didn't," he laughed and kissed my hand, his beard tickling me. "I just want you all to myself for once - I never get you alone these days, so I'm not sharing you with anyone tonight."

* * *

Chris' POV

I was pretty excited for Megan to meet my family. I'd missed her a lot this past week when she'd been back in Colorado for Thanksgiving. I held her hand, interlacing our fingers as we walked up the front steps of my childhood home.

"Very nice - it's pretty much what I pictured you growing up in. Very New England-ish."

I chuckled at her phrasing and opened the door for her, quickly grabbing Dodger before he could pounce on her. "Down, boy. You know better than that."