46

Megan's POV

I woke up from my nap feeling refreshed; I hadn't slept that hard in a long time. I rolled to my back and stretched, my hand hitting a piece of paper that hadn't been there when I'd went to sleep. I picked it up and read Sadie's distinctive flowing script, a mixture of cursive and printing.

Wear the outfit on your chair today and plan to be outside for a while.

I flipped it over to see if there was something more written on it, but that one line was it, making me wonder what she was up to. Sadie had never done anything like this before, so it had something to do with Chris.

I picked up my phone and sent a quick text to her before starting to get dressed. I pulled on some underwear and the jeans that were on the chair, leaving my top off until after I'd finished doing my makeup.

Megan
What are you up to?
I got your note.

Sadie
Can't tell you because
I don't know. Ask Scott.
I think he's in on it.

Will do. What time do I
need to be ready by?

Whenever. There are pastries in
the kitchen. Sebastian and I
picked them up on our way
here this morning.

Did you get home
before or after me?

Sadie - did you have a

SLEEPOVER?

Quit stalling and
get moving.

SADIE! YOU DID! YOU DID!

I want details! Come up and
talk to me while I get ready.

k.

I heard Sadie come in while I was working my way through the tangles in my hair. "Help?" I said, handing her my other hairbrush. "I didn't put it in a ponytail before going to sleep," I explained. "I was so tired I just crashed, so now it's a snarled mess."

"I see that," she said with a chuckle, spraying a section with detangler before getting to work on it. "So did you have a good time last night with Tom? He looked really happy when he was with you."

"I kind of felt like Cinderella - except I didn't get home until dawn. I think things went well for the most part. How was your sleepover with Sebastian?" I met Sadie's eyes in the mirror, seeing her blush was enough of an answer. "Or was there any sleep involved?"

"There was sleep," she said with a grin. "Just not necessarily a lot of it. I haven't felt like this since I first met Justin."

"You look happier," I said, turning around and hugging her. "I'm so glad you're with him! I have something to show you." I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and pulled up the pictures I'd taken last night, including one of Sebastian looking at Sadie when she wasn't looking at him. "I didn't send it to you guys yet because I wanted you to see it first, but this is how he always looks at you when he thinks no one's watching him."

"Really?" she asked, sinking down to sit on the edge of the bathtub, one hand flying up to cover her mouth to muffle a sob as she looked at the photo. Sebastian was looking at her like she was the only woman in the world, a besotted smile on his face. He was so in love with her it almost felt like I was intruding on their moment.