87

Megan's POV

I woke up before my alarm the next morning, opening my eyes to see Chris walking into our bedroom from the direction of Sadie's suite. "Morning," I said as I sat up and stretched, making him jump a couple feet into the air. If I would have been awake sooner, I would totally have filmed his reaction to send it to Hayley Atwell - it would've made her day to see him jump like that.

"Megan!" he gasped, turning to face me. "You scared me!"

"Should I be concerned that you're just coming back now?" I asked, eyeing him curiously. "And why are you walking around naked?

"No, of course not." He sauntered over to the bed and climbed on it, slumping on my pile of blankets and my legs, pinning me in place with his weight. "Were you cold last night?"

"Maybe a little," I shrugged, not missing the fact that he didn't answer my second question. "My personal heater disappeared."

"Sorry, baby. Sadie had a nightmare and I didn't want to wake you."

I figured that was what had happened when I'd realized he was gone. I'd learned that while I could help Sadie by keeping her company, I just couldn't get her to calm down like Chris or Sebastian could. She'd explained that her nightmares were mostly about losing them - a stunt gone wrong, an accident - that sort of thing. It didn't vary much, but they always left her incredibly upset.

"That's the third one this week," I observed; they didn't usually happen so often, I'd noticed. Usually she only had one every couple weeks. "What was it this time?"

"Justin's accident again," he sighed, rubbing his eyes. "I think playing Emma is bringing back old memories."

"Baz was afraid of that. I should let him know they're getting worse," I said as I laid back, running my hand through his hair, trying really really hard not to jump to conclusions. "Chris - not that I don't like looking at you - but why are you naked? I'd really appreciate an answer."

"Do you want the long answer or the short one?" he asked, nuzzling my hand like an attention starved cat - or Dodger; either was an apt comparison. I decided he was more like a cat today, though; he didn't have his usual exuberant energy and seemed content to just lay on me.

It was never good when he said that - never. I glanced at the clock, realizing I needed to get moving soon if I was going to meet Shawn for breakfast and Chris' long explanations could get very long. "Ummm...the short one?"

"Sadie was flipping out about our scene today, but I think she'll be fine now," he said with a yawn, stretching his back like a large cat before he pushed himself up on his arms, making his muscles stand out even more than they usually did.

"That doesn't exactly answer my question, Evans."

He ignored my statement and leaned over me, parting the fluffy robe I'd put on when I'd woken up shivering last night. I knew where he was heading with this from the gleam in his eye, so I reached out a hand and held him back so I could sit up; I wasn't done talking to him.

He let me sit up, but starting kissing down the arm I'd reached out to stop him, undeterred in the least. I sighed to myself; I had no intention of letting him sidestep this discussion. We were going to talk one way or another. He was acting more determined than usual, but that wasn't going to stop me from winding him up - partially because I knew he'd tell me anything when he reached a certain level of arousal. I gave him one last chance to answer me before I used his own amorous intentions against him.

"Why are you naked already?" I asked him, one hand on his clavicle to stop him from moving forward.

"That's not important," Chris said as he pushed the robe off my shoulders, his eyes darkening as he slowly undid the tie to my nightgown. The silky fabric slithered down my body, the cooler room air causing my nipples to pucker instantly.