25

Megan's POV

"You ready to go get your stuff from your old place?" Sebastian said after he got dressed. "I've got some time to go with you."

I shook my head, and went back to washing the dishes. "You don't have to come with if you have stuff you need to do, Baz. I can pack on my own just fine."

He gave me a look, leaning on the counter as he finished his coffee. "I know you haven't forgotten what we told you last night – you're not going there alone, kid. Besides, I don't have any plans until tonight. We're taking Sadie out on a real date."

I shot him a suspicious glance. "Who's we?" I knew nothing about this and wasn't planning on a second night out – not sure my liver could handle it yet. I didn't think I was ready to go out on a date already either; I hadn't even been single a whole day yet.

"Just Robert and his wife Susan, me, Chris and Scarlett...Sadie didn't want to go out alone with me just yet, so we're doing a group date...she doesn't know yet, either. Chris is going to tell her later after she gets out of the shower."

My heart sank as he listed who was all going – I'd thought there was something between Chris and Scarlett yesterday the way they touched each other and the way they danced together.

"You okay? You look a little...I don't know...upset?"

I raised my eyebrows at Sebastian, desperately trying to ignore the stabbing ache in my chest. "I was just trying to remember if you told me about this yesterday," I lied, not wanting to say I was a stupid idiot for thinking that Chris Evans actually liked me.  I wouldn't make that mistake again. I don't know what he'd meant by kissing me this morning, but I was nothing to him - just a way to pass the time.

"Nope. Didn't want you to spill the beans considering we were going out drinking."

"Probably for the best then. I remember 90% of yesterday. It's the part after we got back here that's a little fuzzy."

"You think? For as much as you drank yesterday I'm surprised you even remember that much – lush."

I flicked dishwater at him. "I'm not a lush – it was a straight up competition and I think I came pretty damn close there."

He grinned and shook his head at me. "You keep thinking that, cupcake. Do you have any furniture to put into storage or anything?"

I exhaled loudly. "No, Andy already had everything, so I didn't need to get any furniture."

"Good deal. Makes my job easier then."

"Do you need to borrow some suitcases to pack stuff in?" Chris asked, setting down some more dishes and giving me a smile.

I ignored him and kept my eyes focused on what I was doing as I answered politely. "Yes, please. That would be really helpful. I don't want to have to go back again and you don't have time for that either, Baz."

"I'll see how many I can find. How many do you think you need?"

I thought about that for a minute. "Two or three? I mostly just have clothes and some odds and ends."

"I'll go dig them out of the closet," Chris said and I nodded in acknowledgement, rinsing the plates I'd just washed and putting the rest of the dishes in the soapy water.

"I'll be done here in few minutes and then I'll finish packing the rest of my stuff," I said to Sebastian, who'd been standing there watching me the whole time.

Sebastian looked at me for a long moment, and I knew he'd noticed the shift in my mood. "I'll get us an Uber, then. That way you can just leave your stuff in it and I can bring suitcases down as they get full."