64

Chris' POV

Megan wasn't in my bed when I woke up that morning reaching for her. The spot where she'd laid was still fairly warm, so she hadn't been gone for long. I laid there, thinking over everything we'd talked about last night.  I was still feeling a little disappointed that things didn't go the way I thought they would, but I also understood where she was coming from - maybe it was a little soon to expect her to see things the same way I did, but the way I felt about her wasn't going to change.

Deciding to go in search of her, I got up and pulled on my large fluffy robe. I found her in my living room, looking out over my snowy backyard and drinking coffee, wearing the ugly oversized sweatshirt my brother had given her as a joke yesterday that read 'All I want for Christmas is Chris Evans' and some boyshorts.

"Morning," I said, kissing her neck and putting my arms around her, taking the mug from her and taking a long drink before setting the mug aside. "Looks like it snowed even more over night."

"Mmm," she said, turning into me. She laid her head on my chest and slid her arms around my waist, pulling me tight. "You're awful cuddly today."

"I'm always cuddly. Why are you wearing that ridiculous sweatshirt?" I asked, stroking her hair.

"Because it's funny! Baz thought so too - especially since you were in the picture with me," she giggled

"Because it's funny! Baz thought so too - especially since you were in the picture with me," she giggled. "And holy shit - that picture got a lot of likes already!"

"Take it off," I begged, sliding my hands under it to feel her smooth skin with nothing else in my way. "It's a no-clothes day today, remember?"

"I was cold," she explained, kissing me deeply. "And we have to put clothes on eventually. I thought we were going to your dad's today?"

"We are, but not until later."

"Good. I need to go grab your other present; I couldn't exactly give it to you in front of your family yesterday."

I smiled, seeing her flush. "Something tells me I'm going to like it a lot. I have something for you, too. Check my right pocket."

She glanced up at me curiously before sliding her hand into the large, deep pocket of my robe and pulling out the small velvet box. She flicked her gaze at it for a moment, her eyes widening with alarm - before putting it right back in my pocket.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked, confused by her actions and a little hurt she didn't even want to open my gift.

"I thought we agreed that we were going to take our time on things?"

"We did," I said with a relieved smile.

"Then what is that for?" she asked suspiciously.

"It's not a ring, Megan," I sighed, exasperation creeping into my tone.  You'd think I was trying to give her a venomous snake instead of jewelry the way she was acting. I fished it back out of my pocket and held it out to her. "Will you open it now?"