42

Chris' POV

I was already at the premiere talking to Seb and Sadie when Tom's limo pulled up. Megan looked beautiful in a long olive green dress that complimented her alabaster skin and bright red hair. I sucked in a quick breath when I realized that the Asgardian dress design paired with elegant, unusual gold jewelry made her the perfect female counterpoint to Loki.

"Did you know that's what she was wearing?" I asked, unable to tear my eyes from her.

Sadie smiled. "Not until Luke brought it out, but it suits her. If you like this one, wait until you see her other dress for the after parties."

Sebastian whistled. "That's quite the declaration she's making by wearing that ensemble, doll." He jabbed my ribs with his elbow. "Sorry, punk – looks like she's taken."

"What do you mean by declaration, Sebastian?" Sadie asked, looking up at him curiously. "It's just a dress."

He shook his head as he decided how to explain this to her. "No, doll - it's not. That outfit says 'she's mine' in a much more subtle way; they pretty much just announced they're dating without having to say a word."

"But it's also the US premiere, so you don't know that - with both Elsa and Sunny wearing similarly styled dresses that isn't necessarily the case," I said, trying not to frown because I was still aware of the cameras on us. I forced myself to smile as Megan approached us, allowing Tom to give his interviews and take separate pictures - keeping the press happy.

"Wow – I can't believe you guys do this all the time. This is nuts!" Megan said excitedly, her natural exuberance making her look even more attractive.

"You look nice, roomie," Sebastian said, giving her a side hug.

"Thanks, Baz," Megan replied, beaming up at him. "You look pretty great yourself."

"Damn - how tall are your heels? You're too tall to be my chin rest tonight," he teased.

Megan snorted. "Jerk. They're so tall I kind feel like I'm wearing stripper shoes. See?"

I choked when she said that, my mind going straight to the gutter. She gathered a handful of fabric to raise her skirt enough so he could see her shoes - platform stilettos with at least a 4 inch heel.

"I see," Sebastian said with a crooked grin. "Dress drags on the ground without them, doesn't it."

"Yup. I only have to wear them until the after party - then I can change into a different dress. I don't want to wreak this one. We should all take a picture together if that's allowed - and Baz, we need one for the Chronicles."

"Can't forget that - my Mom loves them, by the way," Sebastian said. "She says I don't put enough everyday stuff on there for her."

"Of course not. You hardly put anything online at the moment." Sadie laughed and pulled out her phone and handed it to Sebastian, who called over someone else to take the pictures. "Yes, Megan - it's allowed. Get close guys."

We posed for several different combinations, knocking them out quickly before the press wanted some other pictures of all of us together. Megan tried to move off to the side but I snaked my arm around her, pulling her tight to me.

"You should be in the pictures, too," I murmured. "Especially since you're wearing that."

She waited until the flurry of flashes faded before trying to escape again, hissing quietly so that only I could hear her. "Chris, let go; I'll be right back - Luke's gesturing for me to come talk to him."

I nodded and started to let go of her but suddenly she let out a small noise of pain and was falling. I quickly swept her up into my arms before she fell. "You okay?"