Part 57

I pull away, "Caitlyn you know I'm in a relationship." She bows her head. "I know and I'm sorry, I just really miss my Lizzy." "I miss you too Caitlyn but that doesn't change anything. Maybe if I wasn't with Demi things would be different but I am and I need to see what is going to happen between her and I." She nods "I completely understand and I'm sorry." "It's ok Cait, I'll talk to you later." I kiss her cheek and walk to the front door. I hesitate for a minute then put the key in the lock and unlock my front door. "Hello?" I called as I walked into the house. "LIZZZZZZZ" Mad came running to me and jumped into my arms. "Hey squirt. I told you I would be back." "I know but I was still worried." I smile down at her and kiss the top of her head. She hugs me again then lets go. "Can we watch a movie Liz?" "Sure baby girl." She pulls me into the living room and puts on Lilo & Stitch. I smile because this is legit one of my favourite Disney movies! We snuggle together on the couch and watch the movie. Once its over I hear the front door open. "Mad I'm-- Liz what are you doing here?" "Well seeing as I live here and own the place I kinda figured I was allowed to be in my own home." "I didn't mean it that way Liz." "Sure you didn't Demi." She rolled her eyes. "I kinda figured you would still be out with Caitlyn." I shook my head. "Hey squirt can you go upstairs for a bit Dem and I need to talk." Mad nods kind of disappointed and hugs me while whispering. "I love you." I kiss the top of her head, "love you too squirt." "Night baby girl." "Night Dems." Then Mad went upstairs. "So how was your day with Caitlyn." "Well if you really want to know it was great. We went to the fair so I could get my mind off everything that is going on." "Sounds just great." "Yeah well it was better than anything I could of done today." "Oh so coming home and talking things out with your girlfriend just wasn't on your list of things to do today?" "Honestly no, considering my girlfriend didn't want me around!" "Liz I was pissed off and not in the right state of mind." "That's always the case Demi and I'm sick of it. I refuse to be spoken to like that. Why would I stick around when my girlfriend says a bunch of shit she doesn't mean and then takes it all back the minute I decide to walk away." "Because you said you love me. The good and the bad." "I do love you, all of you but I can't take it Dem. Maybe we rushed our relationship, maybe we should---" "Liz please do not say maybe we should just be friends." "Dem think about it we aren't good as a couple. Maybe we need to get to know each other better and after a little bit we can try this again." "Liz please don't do this." She is crying and I can't help it. I stand up and hug her. She hides her head in my neck and kisses it lightly. "I love you Demi and I am so sorry but its what's best for the both of us." I kiss the top of her head then let her go. "You can stay here don't even worry about the rent or anything. I love you Demetria Devonne Lovato." And with that I walked out the door.