Part 58

I'm not crying as I leave my home behind me because I know that this is what's best for both Demi and I. I call the first person who comes to mind.

C-Liz? Didn't I just drop you off at home like 2 hours ago what's up?

L- Hey Cait yeah you did but I kind of just broke up with Demi and I was wondering if I could come hang out I need a distraction and you were the first person I thought of to cheer me up. I could basically feel her smiling on the other end.

C- yeah of course you can come here babe! You remember where I live right?"

L- Yeah I'll be there in like 20 minutes.

C-Ok sounds good see you soon Liz, bye!

L-Bye Cait.

I hung up the phone feeling kind of bad considering I literally just broke up with my girlfriend and I am now running to my other ex-girlfriends house but whatever Caitlyn is a good friend. I drive to her house thinking about all the things we use to do. I smile at all the good memories that come flooding back into my mind. She was there through so many things and I knew I could count on her. She was like Lex but different cause she was mine and only mine. Things took a turn for the worse though and I knew that day I couldn't be with her anymore.

Flashback

I'm on my way to surprise Caitlyn on our three month anniversary. I bought her a cute little teddy bear that had a little diamond heart necklace around its neck. When I pulled up to her house someone else's car was parked in the driveway. Me being me I thought it was a friend of her moms or something so I knocked on the door. Her mom answered and told me she was in her room. So I went up and didn't bother knocking. When I opened the door I seen Caitlyn making out with some chick. "What the fuck Caitlyn?!" "Liz babe its not what it looks like." "Save it. I'm done. Here!" I threw the bear at her. "Happy anniversary." Then I walked out the door with tears in my eyes. I look up into her window as I got in my car and saw her crying and yelling at the chick in her room. From this day forward I promise myself I will not allow anyone to EVER hurt me the way she just did.

I am pulled out of my thoughts just as I pull up to her house. I get out of my car and walk up to her front door. I knock and I hear a thud, I laugh knowing Caitlyn just fell down about three stairs. She opens the door smiling. "Did you fall down the stairs again?" She blushes, "Shut up Liz I got excited." I laugh and she pulls me inside. Nothing has really changed other than the fact that she lives here alone now. "So what happened with Demi?" "To much! I just knew we needed to get to know each other better. We rushed into a relationship and it just wasn't working. So I told her maybe when you got to know each other better things will be different." Caitlyn nods, "Yeah you can't really have a relationship with someone you don't know." "Thanks tips." I say laughing.