~1~

Malika was holding her baby girl in her arms and a tear fell on the baby's cheek unintentionally.

"My Anika.. the day you were born, your aunt died.. I lost my bestest best friend but I promise that the Anu we all lost tonight will be the last one... I will do my best to protect you from this world.. and I swear on my life that as long as I can, I'll do my best so that you won't see pain in your life.." Malika hugged her daughter with tears in her eyes and then, she placed Anika perfectly so that she could breastfeed her, and with this only gesture, she created the bond of mother and daughter...

Saumya was rocking Shivaay in her arms as he wouldn't stop crying. Then he opened his eyes and they were slightly green. She wasn't that disturbed as even her eyes were light.

"Shivu, my baby.. you came in the most unexpected way as I didn't even know that I was pregnant .. today we lost bade bhaiya.. we lost Shivaay but I will always protect you my Shivu.." Saumya said and kissed his forehead.

It was late at night when the nurses came to pick both the babies and bring them to the nursery. As they were coming together, Shivaay's bracelet got tangled with Annika's.

"Mara wait a minute .. both their bracelets are tangled." A nurse said and disentangled the bracelets.

"It seems like they will be somehow connected.. they both were born tonight in an unexpected way, then their tangled bracelets, and now look at how they look at each other.. as if they've been knowing each other for ages.." The nurse commented.

The day after, Malika and Saumya got their children back. Malika was undressing Anika when she noticed the crescent moon on her wrist, then she saw the S on her chest.

"Anika?" She said out loud with tears in her eyes.

"No you can't be..." Mallika stuttered but then she remembered something which happened the day before..

The morning before.

Malika went to the hospital for her last check-up. Siddharth didn't come because he was having an important meeting. She laid on the bed as the doctor was doing the ultrasound.

"It seems like the baby isn't alive.. I can't hear the heartbeats. We have to remove it today itself." The doctor said shattering Malika completely.

"No. I won't do it today. My sister Anika is getting married. I don't want to spoil everything. I want to have a little time to say goodbye to my baby as well." Malika sobbed and decided to not say anything to the family.

End of flashback.

Malika looked at the baby in her arms and sobbed softly.

"Is that you Anika?"

Saumya too was flabbergasted as she saw the A on her son's chest. She looked at it again and again, being sure that it was an A.. and indeed, it was. Her son opened his eyes and hers almost popped out of their sockets.

"Khanji aakhen!??" She almost screamed. "You.. you are Shivaay bhaiya? How can it be possible?? No.. it can't be you're my Shivaay.. even I have changing eyes.."Saumya concluded.. The pain was too fresh to face the truth.

6 years later.

An eight years boy

was walking in the school, his bag on his back, his coat neatly folded in his arms

was walking in the school, his bag on his back, his coat neatly folded in his arms. He looked very serious. His khanji eyes were looking for someone, and then he spotted her.

"Anu!" He ran to the little girl and hugged her

"Hi Billu.. how are you?"

"I told you not to call me by this name! It's irritating."

"Is it my fault if you look like a cat? Anyways.. How is it going with your dad?" Anika asked a bit sadly.

"I don't know what I did wrong. Each time he looks at me he has tears in his eyes.."

"Even dad does the same.. he always looks at me with nostalgia then says 'Cutiepie'" Anika said and they sat together. Involuntarily, their hands found each other.

"Promise me that we'll always be together.." Shivaay said.

"Pinky promise." Anika said and joined their pinky fingers together.

Six years later.

"I don't want him anymore in the house do you get that?" Rudra shouted while Jhanvi and Saumya looked at him with tearful eyes.

"Rudy he is your son!" Saumya said.

"I don't care! He is looking so much like.. I can't take it.. tomorrow, Shivaay will go to Canada to study!" Shivaay just entered the house and heard the last sentence.

Before they could do anything, he ran away to the place he only felt peace, it was this temple

Before they could do anything, he ran away to the place he only felt peace, it was this temple. (Where Shivika met) There he found Annika who was crying bitterly.

 (Where Shivika met) There he found Annika who was crying bitterly

"Billu! They're sending me abroad to study!" She cried.

"Even dad wants to do the same..!" Shivaay sobbed. They looked at each other then hugged again.

"Promise me that you'll never forget me."

"Pinky promise..."