~24~

Merry Christmas  😘😘😘😘 Here's my Christmas gift for you ❤💖🎆🎇✨🎉🎊

"Huh... What?" Kaina asked dumbfounded. "Do you realize that you were twelve, eight years ago?"

"Twelve years and in love.." Shivaay said and kissed her knuckles absentmindedly.

"Just like when we were six.." Anika smiled at him then she approached her face with his and rubbed the tip of her nose against his.

"Yuck!" Kaina and Rajveer faked the puking noise and Anika rolled her eyes.

"Aren't you the one who wanted to know about our secret? Then here you go, Shivaay and I are childhood sweethearts who got married before I left for London and he for Canada. We're not only bestfriends but we're soulmates, lovers, forever together.. Right billu?"

"Wait, I remember now!" Kaina gasped.

"You're this wild cat who'd snatch my sister away from me at school!" Kaina said and hit him on the chest.

"Wait you're the Sumo who'd eat my snacks!" Shivaay answered.

"Do I look like a Sumo?" She asked running her hands down her curves.

"And do I look like a wild cat?" He asked furrowing his brows.

"Anyways, times changed Kaina, you're so sexy now and Shivaay don't deny it my baggad billa. You. Are. A. Wild. Cat." Shivaay glared at her then smirked before tickling her. Kaina and Rajveer stayed there adoring the sight before them. There she was the woman who was broken yesterday was laughing her heart out. Wasn't love beautiful?

"Cutiepie, Kaina, we're leaving!" The youngsters heard Sid shout.

"Raj, come on, we have to go.." Priyanka too called her son. While Kaina and Rajveer left, Shivika stayed a little longer.

"Can I have my goodnight kiss?" She asked and he smirked. He held her neck and tilted her head back. Her mouth was slightly open and he entered it with his own tongue, she suck on his tongue for a while before invading his mouth with hers. She was again too passionate with the kiss, with constant chewing of his lips and for a while Shivaay thought that she'd rip his mouth off. He tried to calm her passion by being more gentle but it seemed that she liked it rough. As they parted, his hair was dishevelled, her lip gloss was completely smeared on both their lips and her mouth felt dry.

"Anika, Bade papa said we need to go." Yash said and she winked at Shivaay seductively.

"Haan, I'm coming." She said to Yash. Shivaay rolled the wheelchair to the living room after they tried to make themselves presentable. Siddarth was still glaring at Shivaay when he took care of his daughter. They bid goodbye, Anika reminding Shivaay to come and pick her up the morning after.

"And where are you going at five in the morning?" Siddarth asked sternly.

"Let them be, after all they're getting married soon, they can enjoy themselves for a while.." Malika said.

"Enjoy.." Sid replied sarcastically before leaving with his family.

"Bade papa can I come with you?" Kaina asked. (They came in two cars, one with Siddarth, Malika, Kaina and Anika and the other one with Ketaki, her husband, Yash, Paro and Karan).

"Yes why not.." Siddarth answered and looked at Paro sadly before entering the car. Kaina just ignored them and got in the car next to Anika. Siddarth looked at Malika and laughed his heart out.

"Did I play the protective dad well? Have you seen his face, it seemed like he was to pee in his pants!" Siddarth exclaimed.

Kaina leaned on the window and remembered that day again and again.

Flashback, 14 years ago.

Kaina was chasing Anika around the house as they were playing mouse and cat game.

"You will never catch me Didi!" She giggled while Kaina was running her best friend. Then all of sudden she slipped and made a photo book fall. She opened it and was surprised to see another woman than Paro standing with her dad. She saw many photographs of this woman pregnant and all.

"Di, what are you doing?" Anika asked while she pulled her long hair back.

"Do you know who's this woman Anu?" Kaina asked.

"I don't know but she's really beautiful. She even has the same necklace as you." Anika pointed at the necklace.

"I'm going to ask mom and dad." Kaina concluded and few minutes later they were shouts in the room.

"You lied to me! I hate you! I hate you.. She's not my mother! Don't touch me!" Kaina pushed Paro and seconds after, she felt her cheek burning. She looked accusingly at Karan who had tears of regret in his eyes for hurting his princess. Kaina turned away and left the room, her six years old body collapsed in front of her sister Anika, but she didn't cry.

End of flashback.

Kaina closed her eyes, trying hard to forget her pain but it still was there. And the most painful moment was this one.

Flashback 10 years ago.

"Promise me that you'll come.." Kaina said to her dad and he joined his pinky finger with her.

"I promise sweetheart." Karan said and hugged her. She had a play at school and she had the first role. She was very excited as it would be her first time having such an important role. Even Anika was playing the role of a flower. Both were eager for this. Yash was just born and it was complicated for the two parents. Paro was very weak and needed rest so Karan was the one to take care of the baby at night which led to a lack of sleep. The day of the play, Kaina and Anika were all set to play and they looked behind the curtains to see Siddarth and Malika. Though he was shook by the similarities between his sister and daughter, he couldn't miss the important moment of her life.

"Daddy kahaan hai?" Kaina wondered. They got into the stage and as she didn't see her father Kaina didn't get the courage to play. She could see all the parents smiling on seeing their child but her father was just missing, so what was the need to play.

When she reached home, he was just waking up and on seeing their attire he realized that he messed up.

"Ka.."

"You promised! And you broke your promise! I asked one thing from you and you weren't able to give it to me. But I guess that what happens when you're an outsider from your own house."

"Kaina.." Malika tried to stop her but she turned to Siddarth.

"Bade papa, can I ask you something?" Kaina asked.

"Of course sweetheart."

"I want to go and live with Bhavya maasi."

End of flashback.

Kaina wiped the tears off her face when she felt Anika's touch on her shoulder.

"Aap theek ho?" Anika asked and Kaina hugged her tightly.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" Kaina asked.

"I thought you'd never ask." Anika chuckled and kissed her forehead

Precap

"Don't you dare talking rubbish Kaina Rana! Or next time I will slap you! Why are you talking about dying? What would have I done if you weren't there for me? You are my strength, without Kaina, there is no Anika." Anika sobbed and Kaina hugged her.