~42~

Thank you for reading so far despite my late updates, I'm really sorry for not updating regularly, and unfortunately the matter is still there as I'm lacking inspiration for this story right now. I'll do my best to end it properly and it will probably end with the 50th chapter or something like that.

"Karan, I need to tell you something." Paro said with trembling voice. She was already on the verge of crying.
"Sweetheart are you fine?" Karan asked, he grabbed her hand and made her sit on his lap.
"Karan.. Virat.. He is my son.." She sobbed. He was shocked, and angry but didn't move. He let her cry, knowing that she had many things to say.
When she calmed down a bit, she told him everything, how that Ayaan molested her, how he raped her throughout their 'relationship', how he was abusive, obsessed with her, and when she came to know that she was pregnant, she realized that she was an outsider, like a surrogate mother, she was only good to make babies, especially baby boys.  When she got the job offer as Kaina's caretaker it was like being free to be a mother for a baby who needed as much love as her Virat.
"I'm so sorry for not telling it to you earlier Karan.. I was so scared that you'd hate me.. For leaving my son."
"You mean that Kaina's lover is your son? He's her brother??" Karan enquired, she nodded her head yes before moving her head from side to side.
"No, he's not her brother. Don't create this relationship between them. My children love each other. They can't get their love forbidden for me.. He's my son and she's my daughter but they don't have the same blood. They're not siblings.." Paro sobbed. Karan hugged her tightly.
"And do you plan on telling Kaina and Virat?" Karan asked and she hid her face in the crook of his neck.
"Yes, they need to know.. Virat needs to know that his mother loves him.. But Kaina needs to know that because she trusts me now and I can't let her discover it in some other way." Karan kissed her lips and then he kissed her forehead.
"I promise I'll be with you in this Paro. You sacrificed your son for my daughter and I'll work on reuniting you with Virat without yours and Kaina's new found bound being hurt."

Venice, hotel, Anika's POV.
I touched my belly while tears were running down my cheeks. I didn't want my baby to die in Ragini's hands just like my first baby. This night was a big trauma for me as I saw the two people I had loved the most, Shivaay and my baby die in Ragini's hands.  I saw his or her blood mixed with mine going out of my body.. I felt his or her life leaving my soul as she or he died inside me, killed by this witch.  I looked at the ultrasound in my hands, I remembered hearing the beating heart of my baby just the day before. It was a music to my ears and now thinking that he or she could die in Ragini's hands just like his/her elder sibling just sent cold drops of perspiration down my back.
I remembered how happy I was twenty years ago when I got pregnant, twenty years ago when I promised to protect this growing soul inside me and because of this woman,  it became a broken promise.. Twenty years still mourning over my lost child, and this woman who got to live her life who got to have three beautiful children, Pia, Shivaay's ex-girlfriend, Vikram and Sonam. While me?  I lost my life and after knowing my return she sure would harm us,  Shivaay,  our baby and I.. She would again get out of this free while we would be left completely shattered. I heard the water in the bathroom stop and I knew Shivaay had finished his shower,  so I wiped my tears away and folded our clothes inside the suitcase.
"Anika, please stop crying.." Shivaay said as he hugged me from behind. I let again the tears roll down my cheeks as I let pain and guilt fill in my heart.
"Anika twenty years ago, we didn't know that this witch was capable of killing us but now, we know, we are prepared Anika, and I will go to any cost to protect you and our child even though that means killing Ragini with my bare hands."
India, Oberoi mansion.
"Mom look at the cat Chachu bought for me!" Omri said as she shoved a cute Munchkin under Gauri's nose.

"Come on Zulfi junior, get out with this thing! You know very well I'm allergic to cats!" Gauri said and pushed the cat, leaving Omri with no other choice than playing the puppy eyes card

"Mommy please,  can I keep her?  I promise I'll keep her away from you. She won't trouble you and I will be responsible." Omri said, staring at her mother with her big khanji aankhen.
"Don't know where you got this power of persuasion but alright you can keep it. But remember, your cat your responsibility." Gauri said and Omri cheered in happiness.
"Yay! I need to thank Shivaay bhaiya for his persuasion lessons!" Omri said and ran away with the kitten in her hands while Gauri looked on, not believing how easily she got trapped by her 14 years old daughter.
As Omri left the room, she didn't see Pinky beside her parents' room. She was clutching her head and whispered "Shivaay," Before collapsing on the floor.