~19~

Anika wanted to hug her knees but her thighs were too painful to even move. As her parents left her alone, she just thought what they went through, her death, this Akash.. and she concluded that none of these would have happened if she wasn’t there.. hadn’t she been there, Shivaay wouldn’t have part ways with his family, he would have remained alive, with maybe two to three children, a happy family, he wouldn’t have been held culprit for Daksh’s death.. she had always messed up his life..
Anika called Saumya in and she came. Saumya sat near her and took her hand in hers.
“Anu.. what’s wrong.”
“I will help Shivaay out but I want you in return to fix his wedding with Pia, I understood that by being with me, he’ll only face hurt. Shivaay can’t be happy with me.”
“I won’t agree and neither will he. You faced death to be together. Shivaay loves you and you love him too.”
“What’s the need to love me, huh? More than fifteen men already saw me naked. What the necessity for him to suffer by my side? He’ll be taunted days and nights for being with a woman who had been already seen by many men..” Anika said bitterly. “They already touched me with their dirty hands..”
“But they didn’t touch your soul the way Shivaay did and the way you did to him. I won’t let you destroy yourselves Anika. Akash did bad with you, but you’re innocent, so don’t try to make me change my mind because you’re the only bahu that I’ll accept. " Saumya said and kissed her forehead while she cried. “Anika, when your bodies have been found, Shivaay was dead but you weren’t yet. He didn’t die for you, you died to be with him. Doctors tried to reanimate you but they said it seemed like you were letting yourself go.. it’s not because of you that he died, hadn’t he gone there, Siddarth would have done it or Karan. When he parted ways with the family, it allowed him to live like he was supposed to, like a human being. Stop blaming yourself for everything bad that happened because this is life only. Life has its bads and goods, and you can live them with your partner only.. And Shivaay and you are bound to be together. Even God gave you a second chance, don’t spoil it..”
“Anyways, how is Dadi? I’ve heard that she was sick lately..” Anika tried to change the topic.
“She’s not that fine Ani.. I try to be optimistic but truth will remain.. Dadi will soon leave us..” Saumya wiped a lone tear and Anika’s heart sank in sadness. Thinking that Dadi didn’t get to see her billu’s child was killing her. At this moment, Anika clutched her stomach and she cried her heart out, Saumya hugged her tightly.
“This woman took everything from us! I lost my baby because of her, my Shivaay died because of her,.. We lost everything because of this only woman. How will Dadi see her grand child from her billu?”
“Give her her grandchild..”
“How Saumya aunty? These men touched..”
“Stop it with your nonsense beta.. you’re the most suitable bride for my son.. Get married and give Dadi her grandchild before.. she.. passes..” Saumya gulped hard, trying to stop her tears.
“No buts nor ifs.. Dadi didn’t only wanted this grandchild from Shivaay, she wanted you as the mother. Victims don’t have to feel as the culprits.” Saumya said and hugged Annika tightly against her chest.
“Enough suffering now, my dear to be bahu. It’s time for you to be happy. This Pinky Oberoi killed you once but I won’t let  anything happen to your couple.”
“Pinky didn’t kill us aunty..” Anika whispered. “The woman who killed us was someone else. She killed Shivaay by shooting him directly in his heart. Tell me whose mother would do this? I don’t remember who was this woman but she wanted to kill us both. Pinky would never harm her son like this.”

PRECAP
Malika rolled her wheelchair to the front and she placed her near Shivaay as both were against Akash, Shivaay squeezed her hand but she ignored him, trying hard to stop the tears on feeling a man's touch on her body.