003

June 10, 1980

Dear Lottie,

I hope you're safe. I will come and find you one day. This won't be the last time I will ever see you. My dad and I are moving to California and I don't know how long I will stay there.

My heart feels it's been torn out of my chest. I can feel myself choking on my tears and I have no energy to do anything. I lost my best friend, the only girl I ever actually loved.

I remember when I first found out about your telekinesis, I was so amazed. You told me not to tell anyone and I never did. I kept your secrets and you kept mines.

I remember my first day of school of kindergarten here. I made a lot of friends that day including you. But all of them left, except you. We stayed by each other's side ever since. I also remember you got a boyfriend our 5th-grade year, that Steve Harrington.

His name brings so much disgust to me. I don't even know what you found interesting in him. He tried tearing us apart but I know our friendship meant more to you than your relationship with him. Still sad he was your first kiss. But you were mine. One day I might kick his ass for breaking your precious heart.

I hope you're safe. I will never ever forget you.

-Billy

word count; 240