028

Location; Hopper's Cabin, Hawkins, Indiana

-JANE HOPPER-

"It's day 224, its Mike

"It's day 224, its Mike. Please give me a sign or anything to let me know that you're still out there. Eleven? El?" I saw Mike with the radio on underneath my little fort. I wanted to tell him that I was alive but Hopper didn't let me. If I did, he would wanna go looking for me. 

Hopper told me it was too dangerous. I had to listen to him. "Mike?" I whispered to him. I closed my eyes for a second. He was now vanishing from my view and a small tear fell down my eye. He slowly vanished into little particles. I had to leave the vision. He was now gone and I was now brought back to reality. I removed the blindfold and I wiped my bloody nose.

I turned the radio off and I stood up from the ground in the living room. I sat on the couch and watched television until Hopper came back from work. He's been coming home late lately. I watched endless hours of television and listened to hours of music there was available. It was slowly getting boring being here by myself. With no connection. Kinda feels like the lab but with better entertainment.

-

I heard Hopper's code knock on the door and I let him in with my powers. I stayed in the dark. It was quiet. He slapped a stack of papers on the counter and he looked around. He looked tired. I can smell his body odor from where I'm standing. Gross.

"Alright, kid

"Alright, kid. Come out and let's eat dinner. Impressed you didn't eat the Eggos first this time." Hopper sighed and plopped himself down onto his chair. I stepped out of the darkness and I sat down. "Peas." I guessed. Peas are not good. I want Eggos.
"I think it's more of a corn kind of day." Hopper smiled. "Let's open to find out what it is." He said. I nodded and we both open our dinner. There weren't any peas, but there was corn.

"Yes." I smiled a bit. I hated peas very much. Hopper laughed silently. We dug in without speaking a word to each other.

After dinner, Hopper stayed seated on the table and was looking through papers

After dinner, Hopper stayed seated on the table and was looking through papers. I went and grabbed the newspaper. I recognised the picture of the girl on the front cover. "I know her," I said. It was Charlotte. Her hair was buzzed and her eyes looked scared. It was an old photo. She looked like a kid there.

"She's a wanted child. She's convicted of three murders in the lab. The government is looking for her. Goes by the name Charlotte. Went missing back in 1980, I don't know how these people know that she killed. Her whereabouts were never solved." Hopper said.
"She was always in the lab," I told him. "Sister." I pointed to her photo.

"Do you think she's out and about in Hawkins? Probably not Hawkins, but even the whole state of Indiana," Hopper asked me raising his brows.
"No. Coma," I replied softly. Hopper shook his head, "Coma? Then, why is she being searched for? Do you think you can try to find her? I mean, why was she in the lab in the first place?"

"Powers," I said.
"So, she has powers just like you?" I nodded. "Same..powers. Bad men took her from friend." I said. She told me she was taken right in front of her friend.

"So, this Charlotte person has the same powers as you. She was taken away from her friend. So, that is how she went missing in 1980. And you said that she was in a coma. How is wanted? I think she's not. People in comas are usually not conscious,"
I take the sheet of paper to where my radio is. I sat on the floor and I turned on the radio with the dead channel. I blindfold myself and I concentrate. I can find her but not where she is.

Hopper just stayed seated to where he was because he was both tired and stressed.
I don't think it will work. I cannot contact dead, or people in deep sleep. I can only contact people that are alive.

I opened my eyes and it was just like earlier with Mike. She's not in a coma. I looked around and I see her from a distance. I walk over to her. She was seated on a large chair. Her hair was straight and long, she didn't have the buzzcut. She was looking to her side, she must've been talking to someone. There was also a bunch of noise around her. It was quite irritating to hear.

I went in and I lightly touch her shoulder. "Char..lotte," I said lightly. She felt the touch and she looked at me. "Eleven," she said.

"Where are you?" I asked her. She replied, "Not in Hawkins. Find Billy." she replied and then she vanished. It was frustrating how I couldn't speak to her more. I just know she's alive. And that she's not in Hawkins.

I opened my eyes, removing my blindfold and wiping my bloody nose again. I turned off the radio and I came back to the table. I told Hopper, "Not in Hawkins. Alive. Find friend. Billy."

"Okay, she's not in Hawkins, and this has been in the news for a couple days, so she's gotta be nearby, at least in the state of Indiana. She alive. And now I have to find all the Billy's that currently live here, and in the newspaper, she is 18 as of right now. An adolescent named Billy that lives here. Let's hope there isn't too many Billy's here. I will find someone to do that job for me. The lab is doing the searching part. Whatever she did, they want her, dead or alive." Hopper said, scratching his head. I just frowned. I don't think she killed them. She's good.

word count; 1,004