053

Location; Washington D.C.
September 20, 1984 (Day 92)

-CHARLOTTE-

Mama's neighbours were all women. They all had normal lives but they all shared one thing in common. Martial arts with a mix of sword fighting. They all were extremely athletic and strong. They all got together to train in our gigantic backyard. They knew how to use arrows, knives, swords, whips.

When Mama bought me in with them to train

When Mama bought me in with them to train. I was struggling. It felt too hard for me that I told her one day I wanted to give up and not train with them anymore. But Mama said I could do it and fight through the pain. She said it won't get easier, you'll get stronger. I took her word for it and continued to train with them.

As time went by I was able to beat almost all of them at duels

As time went by I was able to beat almost all of them at duels. The sword got lighter and lighter as the days went by and I overall felt stronger and happier. I regained the strength I had just like the first few days with Bon Jovi. But it was a much more pleasant feeling. I felt safe.

I heard the phone ring from the living room. I was able to hear it from a far distance, I dropped my sword and I ran inside to answer it. I knew it was Jon. "Charlotte, you know the rules, no muddy shoes in the house," Mom complained.

I groaned and I stopped before entering to take off my sweaty, muddy leather strappy boots. I ran in before the call ended. I grabbed the phone and I said, "Hello!" I said. Vic taught me how to answer a phone. By saying hello since it never told us who was calling.

"Hello, this is Dupont Circle Cleaning, is this Althea?" A man with a deep voice said through the phone. It wasn't Jon. "Uh.," I said and I hung up placing the phone on the holder.

Mom came over, concerned about the call. "Who was it?"
"It wasn't Jon," I replied.

"Carpet Cleaning, a man with a deep voice," she said. It was like she took the words out of my mouth. I nodded. "Yeah, they were supposed to come in but they didn't and I tried calling them but they didn't answer. So now they want me," she walked towards the wall phone and started dialling.