034

Location; Memphis, Tennessee
July 3, 1984 (Day 13)

Location; Memphis, TennesseeJuly 3, 1984 (Day 13)

-CHARLOTTE-

-CHARLOTTE-

I listened to Richie strumming his guitar for a minute. I had my back faced to him, so it looked like I was sleeping. He was playing the same type of rhythm, perfecting it, even more, each time.

"What are you playing?" I asked him. "Oh, I didn't know you were awake. I'm just trying to get these notes correctly and add some lyrics to this song," he said in a low voice. I lifted my body off the couch and set myself in a seating position.
"What's a song?" I questioned him.

"Music with words most of the time. But it's not just what the words say. It's also how to music sounds. A good song has catchy lyrics and good tunes. That's a song." Richie answered, placing his guitar to the side and placing his notebook on his lap.

"Can I write a song?" I asked him. He chuckled a little. "What will it be about?" he asked.
"I don't know yet."

"Okay," he ripped a sheet off his notebook and hands it to me. "You think I can't write a song?" I smirked.
"Uh...no. I'm sorry, it's just that most people who write songs have some sort of musical experience like playing the guitar," he said.
"Well, we all start from the bottom," I told him. He nodded and he gives me a pencil. I stare at the paper and I walked over to the booth. I turned on the low light and I see Richie follow me, sitting across from me.

I touch the pencil to the paper and all of the sudden I forgot how to write. "How do you spell Charlotte?" I asked him.
Richie laughed, "You can't spell your name?"

"I forgot."
"It's okay, C-H-A-R-L-O-T-T-E." I wrote my sloppy name in the top right corner. I stood frozen for a few seconds, I couldn't think of anything else to write.
"I can't think of anything," I said, letting out a huff of air. I run one of my hands through my hair, detangling the knots.

"Here, I can help-" Richie offered but I refuse, "No, I want to write this song all by myself. Actually, this song will be a secret, don't tell the rest,"

"Okay," Richie raised both his hands. "Well, what will it be able about?"

"Um..not giving up," I said. "I don't really know yet,"

-

They were ready to get on and I was standing there with Frankie and his wife. Frankie had a sheet on his hand. I grabbed it gently from him and I tried reading it. I didn't understand what it said. It said a bunch of weird names. Breakout, Runaway, Love Lies?

"What is this?" I asked Frankie.
"That's the song list for Bon Jovi and in the back, it for the Scorpions," Frankie replied. "After hearing these songs almost twenty times, they get a bit annoying in my opinion."

"Do you still like some of the songs on here?"

"Eh, Runaway and Shot Through The Heart are still pretty good, but songs like Breakout, nah," he replied. I nodded. "Even good songs get tiring?" I asked him.

"Sometimes, not all of them though." The show then started with them screaming "Breakout"

It wasn't as crowded as it was a few nights ago. Today was peaceful. I didn't see anyone yelling orders and telling people to get out. I wanted to see Mama today but I wasn't able to be alone today. I want to go find her. Maybe she knows something about my powers or about my parent's departure.

I also tried writing a line of the song I'm writing. So far I have, "For love." but I'm not sure.

The opening act ended and the lights turned on making it very bright in the room. The boys came down and cheered themselves for another successful night.

As the Scorpions were heading down to the stage, I caught him staring at me as he walked down. I initially stopped him and asked, "You never told me your name," his bare skin felt warm on my touch.
"It's Matthias," he replied. "I'll talk to you later, Charlotte." he closed one of his eyes and ran onto the stage with his guitar.

I slowly smiled at myself.

word count; 737
sorry for another boring chapter.