010

Location: Hawkins Lab

-CHARLOTTE-

My body ached. It hurts everytime I moved. Gina has been training me to the extreme and I don't know how long I can take it. She pushes me too hard and she expects me to be so strong I can't do that. It feels like I've been in here for years when it's only been days. I have a small window in my room, but it's mostly covered in trees and there's a bar protecting it.

I wonder how's Billy handling this. I hope he's not worrying too much. I miss him so much, I wish he were here to tell me about his day and how many comic books he's read. He's a huge comic book reader when we go to the library, he checks out the comics there. He's always trying to persuade me to read them but I refuse. I prefer reading poetry. I can't write it, but I can read it and I enjoy it.

Thinking of him makes my heart smile and my motivation to get out of here.

I get pushed out of my thoughts when I heard a little girl screams, "Papa!"

"Papa!"

Those screams made my heart drop to the floor. My body felt cold for a moment. 

I let out a tear, I want to help her. She doesn't deserve to be treated like that. Eleven deserved much better. I hopped out of my bed and I walked out of my room even though I'm not supposed to. I ran to where I hear cries and sobbing, it's where I got sent when I refused to fight.

I feel a strong hand grip my arm and I elbow them in the face and they fall back with a grunt. I see two other guards running towards me, I concentrated on them and I lifted my hand sending them back. They hit the wall with so much force, they end up falling to the ground unconscious.

I opened the door sliding it to the side. Eleven is sobbing and I can tell she's freezing. I embraced her and she twitched at my touch. After a while, she got comfortable and notices that I meant no harm to her. She decided to hug me back. She's sobbing on my shoulder and I softly caressed her shaved head, similar to mine. She was warm to the touch from all the screaming that she made. 

"Sister," I whispered to her. I closed my eyes and a small tear slipped out. 

"Sister," she replied back, her fragile voice echoed. I know she doesn't know what that word means, but it doesn't matter. She's just like me. We have very similar powers. Just that hers were more controlled than mine. 

I know I'll get into major trouble but it kills me seeing this poor girl suffer. But I don't care, because she's my sister and she means a lot to me. She's the only thing I have. 

word count; 498