047

Location; Hopper's Cabin, Hawkins, Indiana

She waited for Hopper to get home for them to eat dinner eat together. It was past 8 1 5. He's late.

El suddenly heard the door knock. It was him. She stayed in a dark corner and she opened the door with her telekinesis. He barged in with his heavyweight. She could feel the ground squeak. The small kitchen lamp was on and the two meals were wrapped in aluminium foil.

He set down his things on the counter. He sat down and he rubbed his temples. He was stressed. They recently found something about the Charlotte Jean incident.

"You're late," El said.
"It's 8:40 pm. I was close." Hopper replied.

"You said 8 1 5,"
"Yeah, I'm sorry kid. Come out and have your dinner," Hopper sighed.

El walked to her seat. She rested her elbows on the table. She looked at him. She knew something stressful came up.
"What happened?" El softly said.

"We found Charlotte's hospital gown," Hopper said. El's eyes widened.
"But...we didn't find her. But she must be around the area. The lab is still working to find her. We can't let them find her before us,"

He opened his dinner and so did El and halfway when they were eating. Hopper saw that El avoided most her food.
"What's wrong kid? Eat your veggies,"

"I...talked to her. Two times." El confessed.
Hopper stopped what he did and focused on what El said. "What did she tell you? Where is she?" Hopper asked.

"She is okay. I don't know where," El said.
Hopper sighed. "I'm sorry for almost pushing you into this situation, kid. You are the only person who can get in contact with her. She is nowhere to be found, the police searched all of Indianapolis and now they're searching the entire state. But I think this is getting out of hand," Hopper said.

"Then stop," El said. "Don't talk about her. Ignore,"

"Do you think that'll make people settle down? Maybe she's just scared. If we keep this at an all-time low, She can come out of her hiding place," Hopper said. El nodded.

"Okay, so tomorrow I will go beat up the newspaper man to stop mailing newspaper with her name on it. And then I will try to convince the rest of the idiots in the office that Charlotte died. They'll believe me right?" Hopper said with a small smile. El nodded a little, giving him a "be careful" look.

"Maybe this will make them forget," Hopper said, chewing on his last piece of ham.

word count; 438