S2E10 "FURY"

a/n: the edits in this chapter are h o r r i b l e. like, lowkey inexcusably bad. they're disproportionate and generally messed up, but honestly i just had to make them all quickly so i could finally post this chapter and stop being lazy. i'm sorry for the lack of good edits in this chapter, but i hope the content makes up for it!
, steven.

Noel makes his first appearance in Stiles' room, trying to help him and Scott convince the sheriff that Matt is the killer. He doesn't say anything until the sheriff asks Noel and Scott if they believe Stiles, and Noel lets Scott talk.

 He doesn't say anything until the sheriff asks Noel and Scott if they believe Stiles, and Noel lets Scott talk

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just have to trust us. We know it's Matt," Scott says, Noel nodding in agreement.

Stiles continues, saying "Yeah, he took Harris's car. He knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, they would arrest him."

"Alright, fine," the sheriff begins. "I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"

"Isn't it obvious? Our swim team sucks!" Stiles says, Noel facepalming before telling the sheriff "Honestly, we don't have a motive yet. But correct me if I'm wrong, neither does Harris."

"What do you boys want me to do?" the sheriff asks, Scott saying they need to look at the evidence. Stiles and Noel agree, the sheriff telling them the evidence is in the station where he no longer works.

"They'll let you in, trust me," Stiles assures him, the sheriff asking him skeptically "Trust you?"

"Trust... Trust Noel and Scott?" he suggests instead, the sheriff looking at the other two boys and nodding. "Them I trust."

In the next scene at the sheriff's station, the four men walk in and the deputy at the front desk asks why they're there at two in the morning. The sheriff tells her that they wouldn't be if it wasn't extremely important, and in the background, Stiles whispers to Scott and Noel "We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?"

Scott asks why, and Stiles says "Because all the murders were committed by Jackson except for one, remember?"

"The pregnant girl, Jessica," Noel supplies, Stiles nodding and continuing "Since Matt had to kill her himself, somebody from the hospital could have seen him."

The deputy nods to the sheriff to let him and the boys into the station, and the sheriff calls for them to follow him as he goes back. All three follow after him, and in the next scene they're watching security footage from the hospital the night of the murder.