35

THIRTY-FIVE

      Whenever there's a big change in life, things get either better or worse. In this case, it was for the better. Jungkook had found Nari; his brightest star among the skies. He had found love.

    She made him feel like no other person had ever made him feel. Sure, he had some previous hookups before but nothing could ever compare to what she does to him; that weird feeling in his stomach, his hands getting awfully sweaty whenever she stood near him, his face turning a crimson shade after her kisses, his heart increasing just by saying her name.

   "We're here." Namjoon announced from his seat as they pulled up to a small motel nearby.

Jungkook got out and waited for Nari. They both went to the trunk and got their suitcases out.

He felt Namjoon's hand pat his back, "Yugyeom has already reserved our rooms, tonight we'll meet in Tae and Eun's room." he announced to both teens.

"Who am I rooming with?" Nari asked as she walked with her suitcase in hand.

    Jungkook smiled as she seemed nervous. She bit her lip. So he wasn't the only one who got nervous just by the thought of her.

    "Me," he told her as they followed Namjoon and Hye around the motel in search of their rooms. He hesitated as she widened her eyes in surprise but decomposed herself, "that's if you are okay with it." he mumbled.

    "I'm okay with it, it's just–" she sighed, "it's the first time that I share a room with anyone who isn't Ara or my mom." Her cheeks turned into crimson so cutely that Jungkook almost squealed due to her cuteness.

   Yes, he almost squealed

   Yes, he almost squealed. Almost.

    "You are so cute." he told her as they came into a full stop.

    Nari's cheeks became even more red as soon as he said that.

    "This is your room," Hye told them both, "please keep it PG." she joked.

  "Hye!" Nari shouted as she widened her eyes.

   Hye chuckled before shaking her head, "I'm kidding!"

   Namjoon smiled and handed them their key before speaking, "Remember the meeting tonight."

    Jungkook nodded before opening the door to their room, "We'll see you guys later."

   Nari waved at them before closing the door.

    Silence filled the room.

     "Which bed do you want?" Jungkook asked her as he placed his suitcase on the nearby desk.

He saw the girl shrug before responding, "I'm fine with either." she smiled at him.

"Then, I'll take the one closer to the window so you don't get cold." He motioned to the air conditioner that was on top of the bed.

"Won't you get cold?" she asked him.

He shook his head, "No, I'm already used to it," he reassured to her, "don't worry."

She nodded before putting her suitcase on the bed before taking out a picture frame.

He saw her place it on the nightstand slowly.

"This was when I was three and Ara was still a baby." she told him, it was as if she knew he was focused on her.

He walked closer to her until his shoulder brushed hers, "I'm so sorry that you had to go through so much at such an early age, Nari."

He turned to her, his hands found hers and grasped them lightly.

His heart thumped against his chest.

"It isn't your fault." she reassured him.

Jungkook felt as if it was his fault. He felt as if he was responsible for her father leaving her.

He left because of bangtan needing his help, it was because of them.

He felt guilty, so guilty.

"But it is." He leaned closer to her, foreheads against each other.

She frowned, "Hey," she placed her hand on his cheek, "look at me." she whispered.

He had been looking at the ground but once he met her gaze, every single thought of guilt had disappeared from his mind.

"No, it is not." she smiled at him.

He sighed. Before he could even think of his words, he began speaking, "I want you to be in my life forever." he confessed.

He meant every single thing he said. He forgot about his heartbeat increasing as he finally said it.

Nari giggled, "I want you to be in my life forever, Jungkook." she repeated.

He tugged her closer to him, his hands finding her waist and caressing the skin under her blouse.

"Then let's be in each other's lives forever," he began, "until we grow old." he mumbled to her before colliding his lips against hers.

He kissed her so tenderly. The kiss was slow and passionate, as if they haven't kissed each other in years. He tugged at her lips, asking for entrance. Before he could even begin, he was pulled away slightly.

"What?" he asked her as he had now just noticed that they were now on his bed, his body on top of hers.

She played with his hair, "Was this your way of–"

He pecked her lips, "Asking you to be my girlfriend?" he said once he pulled away.

She nodded.

He chuckled, "What do you think, baby?" he kissed her once again.

     He entered her lips slowly and began his way. His hands slid to her waist. He kissed her cheek before pecking her lips and laying next to her.

    "Yes." she told him as she turned to him.

    He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "Yes, what?"

   In reality, he just wanted to hear her say it.

     Nari chuckled before speaking, "Yes I would like to be your girlfriend."

     He didn't even let her finish, he just kissed her so many times that he lost count.

   This was everything that he wanted in life. Everything was so perfect, this moment was perfect.