55 (pt.2)

PREVIOUSLY ON THROUGH THE FIRE:

Zik stood his ground and smirked, he patted Namjoon's cheek, staring at him menacingly, "I'd like to see you try."

    But, before anything was done, before any words were said, the body fell to the floor. One of Zik's men body fell to the floor.

     And as the body had hit the floor, he saw the person he never thought would ever do that.

    Nari.

   She stood with a scared expression on her face. Her hands trembled at the sight of the man before her. She had wounded his leg, but she was still crying.

    Taehyung appeared on sight, running with all his power. He was shocked.

    "Oh my gosh." Taehyung replied as he saw the scene.

    Yeah, oh my gosh indeed.

     Now, their lives were at risk. All of their lives were on the line at this very moment. It was at this moment that they knew, that their lives could be over in an instant. They knew that this could be the end of this conflict, or the beginning of a new one.

    "Leave them alone before I shoot you in your heart this time." she said as she gripped the gun in her hands. Her knuckles were now turning white.

    She wasn't the girl he met in the alley way at Suk's. She wasn't the same girl that was scared of him. Now, she was another girl. She was a girl that wanted to end all of this, once and for all.

  FIFTY-ONE (part two)

     Jungkook felt his heart drop at the sight of her. She trembled as her cheeks were filled with tears that cascaded down slowly. He didn't know what to do, he just didn't.

"How cute." Zik replied as he held his feet with all his might.

     Nari took a step closer to him with the gun on her small hands, "Leave them alone."

"You think you scare me, babe. You really think that your act of bravery is going to make me change my mind, cute." he chuckled.

"Just leave them, us alone." she repeated as she took a deep breath.

Zik smiled before grunting, "I just can't take you seriously babe, you are too cute–"

Bang.

    Jungkook saw the boy's body plop to the ground rapidly. The first thought he had was that Nari had pulled the trigger. But it wasn't her.

    "Finally did it." one of Zik's men replied as he sighed.

     All of his men rapidly began fighting with each other, but Jungkook took this as a sign to leave.

    "Let's go." He groaned from the floor, his now red tinted hand still on his thigh.

Namjoon nodded and raised him up by his hand, Jungkook let out a hiss and Namjoon asked, "Are you okay, kook?"

Jungkook nodded, "It's just on my thigh, it's nothing."

Namjoon sighed before they began to walk to the car that was at the other end of the block.

But, Jungkook couldn't even walk before Nari ran to him and hugged him. He almost lost his balance, but he relied on her. As soon as he felt her small frame against his, he felt his heart settle. He felt relieved to have her with him, alive.

"Jungkook–" she mumbled against his shoulder.

He sighed before kissing her hair, "it's okay baby, I'm here." he repeated as she sobbed.

Namjoon cleared his throat, "I'm sorry to interrupt, but we have to go. Now." he said as he held Jungkook upright.

They both nodded before separating. Nari held his hand as they walked with Namjoon. All the guys followed behind.

Just as they were turning to the sidewalk, Taehyung's car stopped in front of them.

"Get in." he said as he sat on the driver's seat.

"Where are the girls?" Hyuk asked him.

Taehyung opened the back seat and placed his hand on Jungkook's waist as he helped him in, "they are around the curve in Joon's car," he turned to Namjoon who looked horrified, "don't worry, Hye is driving your car."

At that, Namjoon calmed down. Namjoon's car was precious to him, for personal reasons.

"Now get in, we're going home." Taehyung said as he waited for everyone to settle inside.

As soon as they all got in, Taehyung brought the car back to life and left all the chaos behind them.

It was over.

They finally finished with Zik.

They were finally at peace.

-

The now dark red shirt fell on the ground as Jungkook felt Nari's hands place a cloth on it. She worked on his thigh slowly, placing the ointment so delicately.

"You didn't have to do that." he whispered as his head rested on the pillow of Nari's bed.

She sighed as she continued curing his wound, "If I hadn't gone there, you would've been–" she stopped what she was doing, her voice croaked.

Oh no, please don't cry.

"Nari. Babe–" he placed his hand on her thigh, as if it would calm her.

The girl he loved let her head down as she let a tear fall from her eye, "You would've been dead by now," she began, "and I-I don't know what my life would be without you. You are the most important person in my life."

"I know baby," he sat up, letting out a groan. She looked at him worryingly, "You are important to me too. You are the love of my life." he kissed her slowly, with so much passion that they forgot about his wound.

He placed his hands on her waist and lifted her to his lap. Their kiss was as if they were each other's oxygen, each other's source of life. They kissed until they had to pull away to breathe.

"I love you, thank you for saving me." Jungkook told her as he placed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

She just nodded before hugging him tightly, "I love you."

In her arms, he was safe. I'm her arms, he had found his true self. She was indeed the love of his life, just as he was her love of her life.

-

Hello!!!! I am back with new chapters. I'm sorry that I wasn't updating as frequently as I did. Recently, I started uni again so I had been getting work done. Plus, I had writers block and I almost didn't update today as well.

But I wanted to update today bc I know you guys had been waiting for this chapter for weeks now. This one is for you guys, ily!

Also, thank you to one of my twitter mutuals who gave me advice on how to get rid of writers block. Arriane, thank you so much ❤️

Oh, and thank you guys for 27K reads! You are all amazing and so wonderful. Please keep commenting and voting on the chapters. Thank you as always for your love and support.

Also, please give me your feedback on the story too, it helps a lot for me to know if I need to fix something.

Thank you for your patience. Ily! Have a nice day/night/week/month!

Jen