37

THIRTY-SEVEN

She had been quiet all day. Everyone had tried to get her to talk, but she stood her ground. Jungkook had tried every single thing that he could think of doing; just to listen to the beautiful melody of her voice.

    "Babe." he nudged her as they sat by the pool in the next morning.

    They had rolled up their pants to soak their feet in the coldness that the water held.

   He scooted closer to her, "Nari, please say something," his lips pressed lightly her cheek, "I miss listening to your voice."

   The girl sighed and raised her face to feel the sunlight. It complemented her skin tone perfectly, the soft strokes of light appeared on her skin.

    "I'm sorry." she mumbled.

    Jungkook's heart thumped against his body as he, once again, heard her speak.

    He placed his hand on her shoulder, bringing her body to his.

    "It's okay, babe," he mumbled as he pecked her lips, "I understand, we understand."

   The poor girl had went through a lot in these past few months. First, she had almost been killed. Second, she learned that her father had left her to protect her and her family. Third, after a few years, she talked to her father. Lastly, his girlfriend now knew where her father could be and what he could've been doing while he was away; becoming one of them, one of the Dragons.

She hugged him back and rested her head on his chest.

After a few minutes, she spoke once more, "I'm thinking of calling him again."

"Nari–" he tried warming her that it could be dangerous to call him since they had tacked the phone number to what could be the Dragon's new home.

"I need to ask him, just to be sure." Nari looked up from his chest.

His hands caressed her cheeks, "They could be tracking us, for all we know," Jungkook said, "it's dangerous to call him."

"You should listen to him." Hye told her as the group of friends all ran to the pool, jumping into it.

"Hye, I can ask him." she had left Jungkook's embrace and turned to her friend who had sat down next to her.

Hoseok swam to them and placed his hands on her knees, "It's dangerous, we know you want to ask him, so do we," he admitted, "but we can't, we'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out."

Tomorrow; the day when they would drive to the location that the phone's were tracked to. It was a mutual agreement. They had no time to waste.

    The girl sighed before nodding, "You guys are right."

    "We're glad to hear your voice again." Yugyeom told her from one of the lounge chairs.

    "Thanks, I guess." she responded.

     Jungkook smiled at her before kissing her lips, "I love you."

   "Love you too." Her soft lips graced his.

   Instantly, Jungkook felt a pair of hands take his feet and lift him up by his biceps.

   "No, no no–" he shouted as he was thrown to the pool.

    He saw back up, right in time to see Taehyung lift up Nari with Eun's help.

   The girl he had the privilege to call his girlfriend had a bright smile on her face as she shouted at them to let her go.