SCRATCHES AND SCARS • D. Dixon

Thumping her hands on the steering wheel as the music was thrumming against the speakers, Natalie Xina Prise was belting her voice out for heaven and hell to hear

Thumping her hands on the steering wheel as the music was thrumming against the speakers, Natalie Xina Prise was belting her voice out for heaven and hell to hear. She was smiling and singing down the long highway, moving through California to head for the small state of Georgia and finding some comfort and going there in such a short notice. Her mother had wanted her to move away since she was twenty and living with her parents, but she just wanted to make sure her fathers chemo treatments were working. When her mother said that they would be fine, and she should be living by herself, Natalie thought it was for the best and she was on her way to find a nice small cottage near the country.

She thought Georgia of all places would be perfect, and she made her way over as the sun had just set and painted the sky with oranges and reds. Her beautiful bright eyes were looking over the sky one last time, only for a vibrant dark blue to surround the colors. She smiled and continued driving while humming along to the small tube on the radio. Her eyes watch over the ride carefully as she feels a wave of tiredness around her.

Her skin is a dark brown that glows in the moonlight and has no imperfection on it. Her eyes are a dark mocha that looks bright whenever the sun hits them at the right place. Then her hair, a natural African American tight curl that grew on her head, but she liked to straighten it and allowed a light to shine off it. She never hated how she looked, but whenever she would get comments about her race, she would feel a clench around her heart and sometimes feel like she wished she could change the color of her skin.

She shook her head to get the dark thoughts out of her head, and before she could even do anything else, blue and red lights flashed in her rear view mirror. She cursed at herself and slowed down for the police car to pull her over. She hit her head on the steering wheel, and turned down her music as she heard the door close behind her and she looked over to see a fat white man walking over to her as she rolled her eyes.

"Great." She breathed out and looked rolled down her window as she smiled. "Yes Officer?" She asked and the man raised an eyebrow.

"Ma'am, do you know how fast you were going?" He asked and the Natalie furrowed her eyebrows.

"Um, fifty five sir." She told him honestly as the speed limit was only fifty and she understood that, but she's never been pulled over for going five over.

He sighed and gripped his belt buckle and shook his head while tutting at her. "Um, no, you were going sixty five." He told her and she gasped at that.

She didn't know wether to tell him the truth or just let it slide. She took in a deep breath and was about to say something only to see something stumble up towards the man. "Um, Officer." She mumbled and as he pulled out his pad of paper, he started writing.

"Ma'am, If you have anything to say, or can say it in drovers Court." He said in a thick country accent, and just as they both could hear the grumbling of the person behind them, the officer turned around and was about to shout, only for the person, if you could call it that, to push him to the ground.

The police officer screamed when the persons teeth grabbed at his flesh and blood spurred out, making Natalie scream. She just saw a man get murdered and she drove off, not knowing what else to do.

<>•<>•<>•

Here you guys go, hope you all love this and start leaving comments on what you want to happen. Please leave a comment, vote, and follow! Thank you.