< ONE >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| DAYS GONE BYE | Chapter 1

: Interesting :

Months have gone by since the outbreak of the disease

Months have gone by since the outbreak of the disease. Natalie was off in a tree, snacking on a small apple that she had found in an orchard. She could see the lurkers roaming around and she could here the groans and moan they emitted. She was exhausted to say the least, not having a proper meal in about a week, since her food supply has been running low. She need more than just fruit, some protein at least, and she wasn't getting any. As she leaned her head back on the bark, her hair stuck in the groves of the wood.

She hissed when her arm scraped against the bark, the wounds of her scratch and bite marks still healing as she looked over it. The small indents of teeth were still fresh, and she had no clue how she wasn't turning yet. Usually the signs of a fever would kick in, like her brother and mother, but it wasn't happening.

She was confused to say the least, the warm sun lit up the area, it's skin healing over as she sighed and looked down at the walkers and they wouldn't even give her a glance anymore. She jumped off the tree, throwing her apple core at a zombies head as it groaned and just kept walking, and she walked with the herd, as now she was one of them.

She went off towards the road and down into the city of Atlanta, hoping to find a store that contained food. She walked down towards the buildings only to here loud voices over towards the north and she furrowed her eyebrows.

Walking over towards the noise, she spotted a horses body being devoured by a group of lurkers. She gasped and looked away in surprise as she could smell the iron scent of blood.

Just as she was about to roam away, there was a loud bang in the green tank, and she stopped while turning back around. She walked over the walkers and smirked. "Sorry, excuse me." She mumbled, stepping over them and then walking on top of the tank and looking at the hatch.

She placed her hand over it and slammed her palm on it, probably scaring the person inside and she smiled. "Open up!" She yelled and the zombies stopped to look at her and then went back to doing what they were doing.

The hatch opened and she jumped in quickly to close it as she sighed. "Whew, you got yourself in quiet a mess." She stated and threw her hair over her shoulder as she placed her hands on her hips and looked over the man.

He was light skinned, with dark black hair and bright baby blue eyes. She smiled at him and raised her hand. "Natalie Prise." She told him and he looked at her as if she was crazy.

She sighed and sat down while biting her lower lip. "I'm kinda new to the whole greeting thing as well, but I'm pretty sure we shake hands." She told him and he cleared his throat while nodding his head.

"Right, Sorry, I'm Rick Grimes." He told her as she gave him an award winning smiling.

Before he could do anything else, the radio crackled and Natalie furrowed her eyebrows. "Hey, you. Dumbass and super chick. Yeah, you in the tank. Are you cozy in there?" The voice asked and Natalie smiled at the new voice. Her ears ringing with excitement.

This got a while of a hell lot more interesting.

<>•<>•<>•

<>•<>•<>•

So, here you guys go, tear this chapter up with some beautiful votes and comments! Thank you so much!

(Word Count 622)

| Edited |