< EIGHT >

Scratches and Scars • D. Dixon

| BLOODLETTING | Chapter 8

: Stay :

As the group continued to walk, Lori stopped and Natalie looked back and found the woman staring off behind us

As the group continued to walk, Lori stopped and Natalie looked back and found the woman staring off behind us. "You still worrying about it?" Andrea asked.

"It was a gunshot." Lori mumbled and Natalie sighed.

"We all heard it." Daryl said and Lori looked to him.

"Why one? Why just one gunshot?" Lori asked.

Daryl shrugged and Willow rolled her eyes. "Maybe they took down a walker." Daryl suggested.

"Please don't patronize me. You know Rick wouldn't risk a gunshot to out down one walker. Or Shane. They'd do it quietly." Lori told them.

"Shouldn't they have caught up with us by now?" Carol asked and Natalie think about it while looking up at the sun.

It was about to set in an hour or two and she looks to Carol with a nod. "Do you need me to look for them?" She asked and Lori looked at her while Daryl grabbed her arm.

"We stay as a group. We don't wonder by ourselves." He told her and she rolled her eyes.

"I would be fine. Walkers don't go after me and all I have to go is straight." She told him and she looked to Lori. "It's Lori's decision." She stated and the woman sighed.

"I don't want you risking your life." She told the African American and she nods her head.

"There's nothing we can do about it anyway. Can't run around these woods chasing echoes." Daryl told everyone.

"So what do we do?" Lori asked.

"Same as we've been. Beat the bush for Sophia, work our way back to the highway." Daryl told the panicked woman.

"I'm sure they'll hook up with us back at the RV." Andrea said, leaving the blonde with Carol as the rest moved on.

Natalie looked over to Willow and Glenn who were holding each others hands, and then she looked to Daryl. "You really worry about me too much." She told him and he rolls his eyes.

"More like your reckless, you need to be more careful. It's almost night fall and you don't know the woods like the back of your hand. What if you got hurt?" He asked and she scoffed.