< EIGHTY FIVE >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| THE WELL | Chapter 85

: Wishes :

Wheels of a vehicle were moving slowly down the dirt path, Carol inside as to help her from not moving so much from the blood loss and bullets that were lodged into her body

Wheels of a vehicle were moving slowly down the dirt path, Carol inside as to help her from not moving so much from the blood loss and bullets that were lodged into her body. "It'll be dark soon." Morgan told the two men in gear.

"It's not much further. We have people who can patch her up." One of the men told Morgan as Carol opened her eyes to stare over the trees that blocked the sun.

"What are you doing?" The other asked.

"I'm marking our way back." Morgan told them while digging his knife into the tree and walking towards Carol as she passed out again.

"On your left!" The man yelled.

"I've got it." Morgan stated while the horse jumped up and Carol tipped over to the ground.

She woke up in pain, seeing the horse getting eaten by the walkers surrounding her.

Carol's vision was blurry and bright, seeing the walkers turn into people who looked fairly normal, but she got up and ran into the woods. She groaned in pain, not liking the burning sensation inside her body while she looked inside a house and found a woman waving at her as she stopped to take a moment. She then blinked and it turned into a walker snarling at her as she turned around and saw the walkers coming her way and more Saviors were destroying the walkers around her.

Her vision becoming none clear as she saw the walkers as people and the Saviors killing off the 'living'. "Daniel. Colton. Good. We've been looking for you. It looks like you found some people yourself." The man stated while Morgan was marking his arrow in a mailbox.

Carol was now placed on a bed, Morgan in a chair next to her while he watched the woman heal very slowly. The clanking if the wind chime woke her, her eyes darting over the man. "How long have I been asleep?" Carol asked him.

Morgan sighs as he gave her a shy smile. "Two days, more or less." He told her honestly.

"Where are we?" Carol asked and Morgan allowed her to go into a wheelchair while he wheeled her around the camp site.

"Doctor says you're healing up- - said it could have been much worse, but you had some luck. And your pack with the weapons- - they wanted to lock them up. Seeing as they were helping us, I didn't argue. It'll be with them until we're ready to leave. I figure that'll be another week, maybe a little more, and then we can start back to Alexandria." Morgan told her.