< FIFTY SEVEN >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| CONSUMED | Chapter 57

: Hungry :

Carol started the new car she was given from Rick and drove off quickly after the incident with Karen and the infection in the prison

Carol started the new car she was given from Rick and drove off quickly after the incident with Karen and the infection in the prison. She was pulled over the side of the road as she cried openly and hugged the steering wheel. She was alone for once in her life and she wasn't feeling anything but depression. A walker came over to the woman and banged on the window while she cried harder. "Go away!" She screamed, but he kept his acts up while banging in the glass harder.

"Go away!" She screeched and started the car engine while squealing her tires and driving away quickly.

Tears kept steaming down her face as she stopped by a building and went inside for any supplies or maybe this could be her place to stay in.

She picked up a metal can of pencils and started rattling them to see if any walkers were inside and waited for a few seconds. When nothing came out she started grabbing some things and laid on the couch to sleep for the night. She closed her eyes and she couldn't sleep, feeling guilt eating away at her insides.

She looked over the window and saw a large cloud of black smoke coming from the prison's direction. She quickly ran up to her car and started driving that way and when she reached the prison, she saw the large flames eating away her home.

<><><>

"So it was just you and the kids after?" Carol asked Daryl while he nods his head.

"Yeah." He mumbled and Natalie took his hand.

"You saved them?" She asked and Daryl looked over her.

"They are tough. They saved themselves. We were out there for a while. We got corned, Beth got out in front of me and... I don't know, they were gone. I came out and a car's pulling out with a white cross on the window." He told the women while Carol raised an eyebrow.

"Just like that one?" She asked him.

"Yep." He told her as he rolled over a walkers head and continued to follow after it. "Ricks gonna wonder where we went. Tank's running low." Daryl stated and Natalie ran a hand through her hair.

"We can't afford to stop." She told him.

"We can end this quick. Just run him off the road." Carol told him angrily.