< TWENTY ONE >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| SICK | Chapter 21

: My New Mother :

With everyone in a high of what just happened, Natalie got up as she looked over the group of people

With everyone in a high of what just happened, Natalie got up as she looked over the group of people. She growled lowly and looked to Rick. "Who the hell are you?" Daryl asked as he walked closer with his crossbow aimed at one of their heads.

"Who the hell are you?" One of the prisoners asked, not wanting to cause a scene.

"He's bleeding out. We gotta go back. Come around here." Rick said to Maggie as Natalie got up with blood covering her hands and jeans. She placed her sword high in the air. "Put pressure on the knee. Hard, hard! Push, push." Rick commanded the Greene girl and she did as she was told.

"Why don't you come on out of there? Slow and steady." Daryl asked as the group did as they were told. Natalie flashed her eyes over the woman.

She had caramelized skin with deep brown eyes. "What happened to him?" The Hispanic of the group asked.

"He got bit." Daryl explained and Natalie elbowed him.

"Bit?" He asked and pulled his gun up from his suit.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy now. Nobody needs to get hurt." Daryl tried to coax as the girl looked back to her father figure.

"I need you to hold this." Rick muttered lowly to Maggie.

"Okay." She breathed and placed a rag over the wound.

"As hard as you can." Rick whispered in shock.

"Yes." Maggie said with a nod of her head.

"You have medical supplies?" Glenn asked quickly while rushing to the back room.

"Whoa, where do you think you're going?" Another prisoner asked and that's when walkers were banging and snarling against the door. Natalie's eyes widened as she looked to the barred door.

"Who the hell are you people, anyway?" The guy with the gun pointed to the group asked.

"Don't look like no rescue team." A very thick country accent guy stated.

"If a rescue team is what you're waiting for, don't." Rick yelled to the prisoners. Natalie heard a clatter in the back room and Glenn rushed out with a metal table. "Come on, we gotta go." Rick said as he placed his whole body on it. "Now! Come on! I need a hand here." Rick muttered as Glenn helped him as well. "One, two, three, go!" Rick yelled and the prisoners looked at it.