< TWENTY FIVE >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| HOUNDED | Chapter 25

: Nightmares :

Merle and his group of men were tracking Michonne in the forest

Merle and his group of men were tracking Michonne in the forest. The girl was clever, knowing they would and placed a simple code of walker parts on the ground for them to find. Merle looked over the trap, walking slowly to it, terrified of what might happen. "What the hell is this mess?" Merle muttered while looking over the parts.

He didn't understand until on of his men looked over it. "She did this." He told him.

"It means something, the way it's all set up like that." Merle told them while walking closer to it and kneeling down.

"The Governor was right to send us out." Tim mumbled while Merle smiled.

"Damn straight, Tim. We're doing a righteous public service here." Merle stated and the farthest from the group finally understood what it meant.

"Go back." He muttered.

"What?" Another asked in confusion.

He then pointed over the signs. "The arms are a G. The legs make an O. And that's a back. It says, 'Go back'." He told them and Merle laughs while clapping his hand to his metal arm.

"This is too good. Look at this. She sent us a biter-gram, y'all." He told them and he kept laughing.

"I don't believe this is happening." The boy said while stumbling back.

"Hey, hey! You knock it off. What the hell's wrong with you? Now, the Governor chose you 'cause he thought you were ready. I want you to succeed. I do. But if you keep announcing to the world that you're pissing your pants, I'm gonna have to smash your teeth in." Merle threatened and the boy takes a deep breath. "Now how do you say your last name?" Merle asked.

"Gargulio." He whispered.

"Well, I'm gonna keep calling you Neil. Alright?" He asked and then they heard rustling around them. They pulled their guns out, ready to attack. "What's the deal, Michonne? Hmm? You gonna leap out of the woods, one against four, all of us armed to the teeth and you with just your little pig-sticker? No, no, no, Michonne." He told her and that's when she hopped from the tree and attacked.

She knocked one guys gun out and sliced his head clean off.

The next, she stuck the sword into his abdomen and the woman used his body as shield when Merle shot his gun at her.