< FORTY SEVEN >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| STILL | Chapter 47

: They Are Gone :

Insects were chirping throughout the starry night and everything else was quiet silent

Insects were chirping throughout the starry night and everything else was quiet silent. Thunder rolled around with a dead body and car was caught at a dead road and leaves rustled near it. Daryl, Benny, Tilly, and Beth popped out as they had been running. "Come on." Daryl muttered and the blonde took a deep breath while the brunette boy took her hand and pulled her along.

They went inside the car and Beth tried to start it, but it wouldn't work as Daryl opened the trunk of the car. "Come on." He mumbled again and Beth an Benny climbed in while he looked to the dark haired girl behind him. They were pulled inside the car and they waited for the herd to pass by.

Tilly cried silently and Daryl held onto her. "I want Natalie." She sobbed and the growling intensified.

Thunder and lightening pulled through, the car shaking as the storm caused them to go insane. Soon enough the growling slows down and they all walked away from it.

Benny looks to Beth as he holds her and she placed her head into his shoulder. Day breaks through and the small group was perfectly safe.

No more walkers came through as Beth rubbed her face and she opened up the trunk and saw Tilly cradled into Daryl's chest. They hopped out as well and they started scavenging the car for loud noises or anything they could find to eat and drink.

Daryl looks to the three kids and they took a minute to see him leave. They grab each others hands and they went off behind the man.

<><><>

The days grew on as Natalie was pulling her own weight towards the new home they were craving for. Just walking down the track, Carl looked over her and smiled lightly. He and Michonne were making a bet. Which ever one could make the girl smile first won. And right now Rick was winning even though his wasn't even part of the game.

The man was wanting to see the girl smile, because he felt it was the right thing to do. He knew Daryl might be gone and he took it as he was now responsible for her like he was for Lori. He wasn't going to let anything happen to her, even if that meant he had to kill the living.

The girl felt a poke on her shoulder and she looked over to see Carl smirking at her and then he made a weird face which consented of crossing his eyes and pulling his lips apart to make a wide opened mouth.

She furrowed her eyebrows at his strange behavior and Michonne smirked. She then tapped her shoulder and joined in on making a face which she pulled her bottom lids of her eyes down and showing off the pink tissue and rolling her eyes behind the back of her head.

Natalie kept her confused face and turned around to face them as she shook her head. "What are you trying to do?" She asked them and Carl sighed while stopping his lips from spreading any further.

"Um... we are just trying to impersonate some walkers." He told the girl and she rolled her eyes.

"Sure you were." She muttered and Michonne looked to her to see a picture on her hand. She took it from her while smiling.

"Who's the lucky fellow?" She asked while showing off the picture of Daryl and herself.

"Michonne, give it back." She seethed and Rick stopped to see the interaction take place.

"Now, why don't you tell us why you're so moppy." She stated and then dangled the picture in front of her. Having an unfair advantage for being 5'10 and Natalie was only 5'5, the girl couldn't reach it.

"Stop and give it back." She stated while trying to jump for it, but Natalie still couldn't reach it.

"You never really told us what was up with you and Daryl. Are you back together?" She asked and Natalie glared at her.

"Michonne, stop." Rick said, trying to butt in and it wasn't working while Carl stopped him.

"Why does it matter to you?" She whispered and Michonne rolled her eyes.

"Because you're acting like we've kicked you out in the rain. Just tell us what is bothering you." She told her while the girl rolled her eyes.

"I don't need to tell you anything." She stated and Michonne sighed while she placed her fingers at the edge of the picture and her eyes widened. "What are you doing?" She asked while the woman looked at her.

"You tell us what is bothering you, or I rip it." She stated and Natalie pushed her hands on the woman's chest.

"Stop being such a bitch! They are gone alright! I love him and he's gone! I lost Tilly and Benny and Daryl and Maggie and Beth! And it's all my fault!" She yelled at her while the girl cried and everyone stopped. "It's my fault that Daryl is gone because I told him that I would be right back. I never went back. And then Tilly and Benny were on the bus... I-I lost it." She sobbed and rubbed her eyes. "That is the only thing I have left of him, so please... please give it back." She whispered near the end.

Rick came over to her while she felt his arms wrap around her. "You're okay." He whispered and Michonne gave the picture back.

The girl placed her head in the crook of his neck while she sobbed harder.

"I just want them back." She hiccuped while Carl then placed his arms around them.

"We will find them." Rick told her honestly and the girl shook her head and pushed them away.

"No, we are not, because I am the only one here that knows that they are all dead." She told them and grabbed her picture and bag and started walking away. Carl looked to his father while he sighed and looked at Michonne who had a dark look in her eyes.

"Come on." Rick muttered and they followed after her.

<>•<>•<>•

<>•<>•<>•

You guys... Natalie is not doing so hot. What do you think will happen when Natalie doesn't see Daryl for a few more episodes? Please leave a comment, vote, and follow!

( Word Count 1058 )

| Edited |