< SIXTEEN >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| 18 MILES OUT | Chapter 16

: Sick :

The road was abandoned, no one in sight and only a piece of paper flew out from under a bus

The road was abandoned, no one in sight and only a piece of paper flew out from under a bus. It was quiet almost, until you heard the sound of breaking glass and growls from the walkers. They all rushed over to Shane, who was running for his life as he looked for a place to hide himself. Blood dripped from his mouth and eyebrow as he ran further away.

Rick was alone, separated from his partner as he looked above himself to see one walker looking down at him and chasing him, and then there was Natalie, unconscious in Rick's arms as he was breathing harder.

The zombie fell when he tried to step from the dumpster, only clicked his teeth over the couple. But, the one who started it all was still crawling to reach for a pocket knife.

Shane rushed into an open school bus and slammed the doors as much as he could, but with the hoard of walkers, he couldn't get them to close all the way.

He pressed his back painful into it, and the door closed as he took a deep breath, trying to keep it that way.

<><><>

The road was long, Natalie sitting in the back with a gun pressed to the guys head as Rick and Shane were up in the front. The girl had enough of this piece of shits attitude, and she was being sincere by not letting his brains explode right here and now.

As Rick slowed the car down, he got out and so did Natalie as she looked over the boy who was blindfolded and listening to really loud music.

She looked over the two men and crossed her arms over her chest. "I thought we were going further." Shane stated as Natalie nods her head.

"We should since the gringo is still trying to figure out where we are taking him." She told the two as they nod their heads.

"We are. Eighteen miles out." Rick told them.

"So why are we stopping?" Shane asked and Natalie took Rick's side.

"I wanted to talk. Been waiting a week till we were gonna do this. I just wanted to talk." He told the man and Natalie knew what this was about.

Rick had brought her for extra muscle, since he knew his best friend wouldn't take the news well. "We don't need to." Shane muttered and looked away from the two.