< FIFTY THREE >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| STRANGERS | Chapter 53

: Little Things :

Grey smoke hovered in the air as terminus was still burning

Grey smoke hovered in the air as terminus was still burning. Rick and his group of survivors were camping along the forest trail, back on the road again. Glenn looked over his wife and smiled over her. "Not so fast." She whispered and kissed his lips softly. He kissed her cheek and they hugged, only for Tara to step over towards Rick and he looked over her.

"You didn't want to be there. That's why I tried to talk to you. Glenn told me you saved his life." He told the young woman who made a small frown.

"He saved mine." She laughed.

"That's how it works with us, right?" He asked her and shuffled his feet.

"Right. Hey." She said and lifted her fist as he looked over it for a moment.

He laughed and gave her a fist bump while Natalie chuckled at the interaction. "Get something to eat. We'll start back at sun up." He told her.

The group kept up their pace, behind Rick being Glenn, Maggie, and Tara.

Near the river back, Carol and Tyreese were grabbing some bottles of water and the woman could feel the tension eating the two alive. "Talked to Rick. Some of them know what you did at the prison. Daryl, Maggie, even you tried to kill Natalie. They still accept it. You wouldn't be here if they didn't. Gonna talk to the rest of them. Tell them to accept it, too." Tyreese told the woman.

"They don't have to." Carol muttered.

"No, they do. They just do. We don't need to talk them about the girls. I don't want to." Tyreese told the older woman, memories of how the girls were murdered.

"Why?" Carol asked him.

"I just need to forget it." He whispered and blinked a few times.

That's when the group kept moving, showing off Tyreese and Carol, Sasha and Bob, and then lastly Daryl holding Natalie's hand.

The couple had been closer than ever, the separation showed the two just much they needed each other after the loss of Beth, Tilly, and Benny. Natalie couldn't go another day without either of them, and Daryl was hurting himself for not taking care of them.

As they walked up the road, a walker came by with its teeth bared and Michonne sighed. "I got it." She told them and grabbing for her swords, only forgetting that they were gone.