< NINE >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| SAVE THE LAST ONE | Chapter 9

: New Comer :

Night had fallen over the farm, and Natalie was exhausted

Night had fallen over the farm, and Natalie was exhausted. They had taken three pints of blood from the poor girl and two from Rick. They keep moving back and forth, not knowing wether or not Shane was going to make it back. Natalie was set in a bed, a blonde young girl helping her along the way. "Just a few more stairs." She breathed out and Natalie almost tripped over her two on feet.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm seeing double." She told the girl as she smiled.

"It's okay, here's your bed." She told the girl and she sat herself down placing her head on the pillow and she smiled.

"I miss Daryl." She whispered and Beth furrowed her eyebrows.

"Daryl?" She asked and the girl smiled.

"Daryl Dixon. This guy in our group who is full out country boy. My parents would kill me for liking him." She mumbled and her eyes fluttered.

"Hmmm, those are the best kind of relationships though." Beth stated and the girl chuckled.

"I suppose." She whispered and that's when the door opened to show off Glenn, Willow and T-Dog. The girl smiled and got up slightly. "My favorite people." She teased and Beth chuckled.

"Is she okay?" Willow asked and Beth nod her head.

"She's given three pints of blood in one day. You would be a little loopy too." She teased and Glenn smiled.

"Why don't you get some rest, Natalie?" He told her and she smiled at him.

"I love you too." She whispered and closed her eyes drifting off into darkness. Glenn chuckled and looked to Willow, grabbing her hand and all four people left.

Natalie woke again, only after an hour nap and she got up while she walked down to see Rick, Lori, Hershel, and Carl all still in the bedroom and she held out her arm.

"I'm ready." She told him and Hershel shook his head.

"We can't. You'll die from blood loss if we take anymore. He's still losing blood faster than we can replace it and with the swelling in his abdomen we can't wait any longer or he's just going to slip away." Hershel told them and she grabbed Carl's hand.

"Now I need to know right now if you want me to do this, because I think your boy is out of time." Hershel said and Natalie looked at Rick. "You have to make a choice." Hershel snapped.

"A choice?" Lori asked.

"A choice." Rick repeated and Natalie looked at them.

"Please, Carl and Sophia were like my siblings, don't let me lose another one." She cried and Rick looks to Lori.

"You have to tell me what it is. You have to tell me what it is." He whispered and she then looked to Natalie.

"We do it." Lori answered and they all started on the supplies and started moving everything to get it ready.

They lifted Carl onto the metal table, Hershel moving the utensils and Lori looked away while walking. Patricia used a lamp for the light Hershel got his scarlet ready.

"Rick, Lori, Natalie, you may want to step out." Hershel said and that's when they heard a truck roll up.

Natalie's eyes widened as she quickly bolted out the door over to the outside area and grabbed Shane's stuff. "Oh my god!" She screamed and Shane was panting.

"Carl?" He asked and Rick sighs.

"There's still a chance." Rick told him and Shane gave him all the stuff.

"Otis?" Hershel asked and Shane shakes his head.

"No." He muttered and Hershel looks to the ground and puts on a stolid face.

"We say nothing to Patricia. Not till after. I need her." Hershel said and runs inside while Natalie rushed to help him.

She handed him the supplies and she looks to Carl while giving him a kiss on his forehead. "Please don't leave me. I can't lose you too." She whispered and Hershel nods his head while she left.

And with that, the door closes and she lets a tear fall from her face. "I've known Otis since I was a kid." Maggie told them. "He's run this farm since before my mother died." She sniffled and Natalie leans into Glenn's arms.

"Who else? Who'd you lose? You told me I had to make it okay somehow. That's what you've been trying to do, right? Which ones?" Glenn asked and Maggie takes in a deep breath.

"Stepmother. Stepbrother." She starts and takes deep breaths to calm down.

That's when the door busts open to show off a man with deep brown eyes and soft tan skin. "Maggie?" He called out and he looks over to see Natalie.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked in his accent, British it sounded like and the girl furrowed her eyebrows.

"I'm Natalie Prise." She told him and he looked to Maggie who had a tear stained face. His face dropped as she ran to him and hugged him tightly.

"He's gone, Charlie." She breathed out and he hugged her back.

"It's going to be okay." He whispered and he looked over everyone as Natalie crossed her arms.

Something about this new guy didn't settle well in her stomach, she walked away hoping that this would turn out for the better.

<>•<>•<>•

<>•<>•<>•

Short chapter, but that's okay, cause you guys got to meet a brand new character of my own. So I wanted Glenn with Willow, and Maggie with Charlie, and you'll see how they all fit together in the up coming chapters.

( Word Count 925 )

| Edited |