< FIFTY ONE >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| A | Chapter 51

: Team :

A flash back to the prison broke through in Rick's mind

A flash back to the prison broke through in Rick's mind. The gates being opened and Carl allowing the metal doors to pull through as a car drove in the secure building. Rick, Maggie, and Glenn hopped out of the car as Maggie went off the Hershel. "Hi, daddy." She said with a bright smile.

"You're a sight for sore eyes." Hershel stated while pulling her in for a hug and they both kissed each other on the cheek. They pulled away and Glenn came over to feel his hand on his shoulder. "Doing okay?" Hershel asked.

"Yeah. Yes, sir." Glenn told him while Rick looked over to Carl.

"Any trouble?" He asked his son.

"No. You had some." Carl said, noticing the blood that stained his fathers shirt.

"Yeah. A little." He stated while Hershel watched Carol leaving with a pipe. "Carol, I'll take that." He told the woman while taking it.

Hershel saw the interaction and watched as Rick went to kill off the walkers.

The flashback ended as Rick's bloodied hands twitched after the incident he had just committed.

Blood soaked his whole body, and Natalie stared on in darkness after what the men of a group just did to her, pulling a shirt closer to her nude body.

<><><>

The group of four were gathered by a fire as Carl was cooking up a can of beans. "How hungry are you, scale of one to ten?" Rick asked his son as Carl smiled.

"Fifteen." He answered and then Rick looked to Michonne.

"Twenty eight." She told him and then lastly was Natalie who smirked.

"One hundred. I beat all of you." She teased.

Rick placed the can down on the rag while chuckling. "Yeah. Well, it's been a while." Rick told them and dumping it on a plate. "I'm gonna go check the snares." He stated.

"Can I go with you?" Carl asked while Rick smiled.

"Well, how else are you gonna learn?" He questioned while kicking out the fire and Rick looked over the two women. "Hey, you guys, too." He stated while Natalie went to grab her gun as they walked out. "We'll stay another day or two. Get some more rest." Rick told them and Natalie looked at the way Rick was walking.