< SEVENTEEN >

Scratches And Scars | D. Dixon

| JUDGE, JURY, EXECUTIONER | Chapter 17

: Rough Days Ahead :

Randel was panting as his face was beaten, Daryl was pacing around as he had no clue what to do and his rage was spiking

Randel was panting as his face was beaten, Daryl was pacing around as he had no clue what to do and his rage was spiking. He easily went up to him and punched him in the face, causing the boy to cry. He punched him again and again, only for Randel to spit some blood out. "I told you- -" Randel mumbled.

"You told me shit!" Daryl yelled while grabbing his shirt. "What happened to Natalie?!" He yelled and the guy shook his head.

"I have no clue man. I barely knew those guys. I met 'em on the road." He mumbled and Daryl rubbed his face.

"How many in your group?" Daryl asked, setting Natalie aside. He pulled out his knife and allowed the sunlight to move over the metal.

"Uh, no no no no no no no no. Come on, man." He muttered and Daryl teased him by stabbing the floor next to him.

"How many?!" He yelled as some spit flew out of his mouth.

"Uh, thirty. Thirty. Thirty guys." He told him as he looked down at the knife.

"Where?" Daryl asked.

"Uh..." and as he took too long to reply, Daryl ripped his bandage off for his leg. "I don't know I swear." He yelled. "We were never any place more than a night." He told him as his knife hovered over the cut.

"Scouting? Planning on staying local? I- - I don't know. They- - they left me behind." He stated.

"Did you ever pick off a scab?" Daryl asked his anger getting the best of him. His knife slowly cut over the skin.

"Come on, man! I'm- - I'm trying to cooperate." He muttered.

"Start real slow at first." He whispered.

"No." He grunted out.

"Sooner or later, you've gotta rip it off." He yelled in his face.

"Okay. Okay. They have weapons- - heavy stuff, automatics. But I didn't do anything." He stammered.

"Your boys shot at my boys and my girl, tried to take this farm. You just went along for the ride? You're trying to tell me you're innocent?" Daryl asked.

"Yes!" He breathed out. "These- - these people took me in. Not just guys- - a whole group of 'em. Men and women, kids too- - just like you people. Thought I'd have a better chance with them, you know? But... we go out, scavenge- - just the men. One night we- - we found this little campsite. A man and his two daughters- - teenagers, you know? Real young. Real cute. Their daddy had to watch while these guys- - they- - and they didn't even kill him afterwards. They just- - they just made him watch as his daughters- - they just-just- - just left them there." He mumbled and looked down to the ground as Daryl glared at him. "No, but-but- - but I didn't touch those girls. No, I swear I didn't to- -" and then Daryl kicked him.