< SEVENTY NINE >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| NOT TOMORROW YET | Chapter 79

: Power :

Music was playing softly in the back ground, Carol grabbing some ingredients for her next creation for the community and she felt like she was missing something

Music was playing softly in the back ground, Carol grabbing some ingredients for her next creation for the community and she felt like she was missing something. She went outside with a bucket and picked up the acorns that were outside and when she heard a walker, she grabbed her own machete stabbed it in the head. The blood splattered over her white shirt and face as she grimaced. She proceeded to go home and take a shower, then searching for a new outfit. She pulled out the roasted acorns from the oven and placed the done cookies in a container while she was handing them to everyone. She knocks on a door and waits for the man to open it.

"Hey, Carol." He greeted.

"Tobin. You deserve some cookies." She told them.

"Oh, no, not with the kids as hungry- -" He told her.

"No, there's plenty. I foraged a lot of acorns." She stated.

"They're pink." He stated.

"Beets." She told him.

"Beets?" He asked, unsure on how it's going to taste.

"It's what makes them sweet." She stated.

"Oh." He mumbled and took one in his hand. "I never was much of a beet kind of guy." He told her.

"Will you just put it in your mouth, jerk." She stated and he did as he was told, taking a bite

"They're the best beet and acorn cookies I've ever eaten." He told her.

"Are you screwing with me?" She asked in shock.

"No. Seriously. They're amazing." He told her and by the gates the group had just returned.

"They're back!" Sasha yelled and the group drove the large SUV.

"Hey Olivia. She should inventory what we have. We'll meet her at the pantry." Rick stated.

"You have food?" Sasha asked.

"Yeah. Enough for another month." Michonne stated sadly.

"I need everybody in the church in an hour." He told Sasha.