< SIXTY NINE >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| JSS | Chapter 69

: Little Slice Of Heaven :

A woman standing over the white suv looked over the path while turning to look over her shoulder. "It says the ignition switch fuse is found at location number twenty seven." She stated.

"All right, twenty seven. I need to know where that is." A man told her while she sighed and didn't look at him.

"Um, right here." She mumbled while he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, okay, this one's blown. What's this one, the red one?" He asked while she could hear snarling from a pack of walkers.

"Mom, dad, we got to go." Enid told her family.

"Come on, come on." The man stated.

"We see them. Just need to find a fuse so we can start the car. Almost got it, honey. Location six. That's turn signal lamps and stop lamps." She told her husband.

"All right, we can live without turn signals." He told her and another group walked from behind the car.

"Dad, they're com- -"

And when it was over, Enid was covered in blood. The car doors were shut and she was trapped to stare over her parents mutilated bodies. Thunder rumbled in the sky as she cried. When the walkers were too busy to notice her, she left the car and allowed the rain to fall over her blood stained body.

She walked down the lonely road and heard a rustle in a bush, causing her to pull her knife free from her pocket. She looked around herself and saw the walkers snarling at her, just so she ran away and hid were she couldn't be found.

The movable dirt caught her eyes as she traced her finger in it and wrote out JSS. Later throughout the day, she found a car and tried to remove the body, only for it to snarl and try to get her.

She looked over it's face and dug her knife into the base of its skull. She stepped inside and used the car as shelter, only for her finger to trace the letters again onto the dusty window.

A turtle slowly making its way out of the forest caught her eyes while she was walking slowly to anywhere. She stopped and quickly picked up her pace as she grabbed onto the turtle's shell and soon eat the flesh that was inside.

Pulling out the bones, she placed them to look like JSS. She then made it to Alexandria and she could hear the chattering of people while she looked over the sturdy metal walls.

She made her way over to the gates and stared at it in disbelief. She started to turn around, but her mind told her to stop. She stared over the ground and scratched JSS into her hand from the muck and walked inside the camp while showing off the initials.

<><><>

Natalie held onto Daryl tightly as she saw the morning sun rise above the dark blue sky and mixed it with oranges and yellows while the girl sighed happily and felt kisses peppering her neck. She smirked happily and looked over the man who was in her arms. Her eyes were bright brown with flecks of gold swirling in them for the first time in a long time.

She could feel the cool metal of his ring glide across her skin while she smiled happily at him and his fingers intertwined with hers. "I love you." He whispered to her while she giggled.

"I know you do." She told him while he smirked at her and she could feel his hands tighten around her. She shook her head over the man while she giggled while his hand went up her tank top. "And what do you think you're doing?" She asked while he rolled his eyes.

"I don't know, maybe some morning sex with my wife?" He questioned while she shook her head and kissed his lips while he reciprocated.

She pulled away teasingly, only for the door to open and show off Tilly. Her green hair a mess from lack of sleep and her eyes holding dark circles under them and they shined in the light morning light.

"Tilly? What's wrong?" Natalie asked sadly while Daryl removed his hand.

"I-I had a nightmare." She breathed out while Natalie looked to Daryl as he sighed and scooted over so the girl could place herself in the middle of her parent figures.

"What kind of nightmare?" She asked her daughter, the girl curling into her side.

"That these men were breaking in the walls." She told her and Natalie furrowed her eyebrows.

"That will never happen. Not as long as I'm here, okay." She told her and Tilly nods her head while Natalie rubbed her arm soothingly. "Go to sleep." She whispered and the girl does as she's told while Natalie looked to Daryl and he sighed.

"Love you." He whispered and pecked her cheek while turning over and sleeping.

"I love you too." She muttered and she couldn't see it, but Daryl was smiling on the other side.

<>•<>•<>•

This was in the past by the way, like after they purposed but not after the wedding and I'll somehow get a Chapter on that. Please leave a comment, vote, and follow!

( Word Count 872 )

| Edited |