< FOURTEEN >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| NEBRASKA | Chapter 14

: Black Soul :

After Rick has taken the shot, everyone fell silent

After Rick has taken the shot, everyone fell silent. The only thing that could be heard were sobs from Natalie, Carol, and Carl. "Don't look. Don't look." Daryl grunted as Natalie shook her head. That's when Natalie looked over to Hershel and his family who were crying and mourning as well. She sniffled as tears kept streaming from her eyes and she pushed Daryl away as she went for Beth. The young blonde then ran into Natalie's arms as she cried harder. Natalie then found that Beth pushed away slightly and went over to her mother's body. Natalie wiped her face as she took a deep breath and looked to Rick.

"I'm so sorry." She muttered and he shook his head while giving her a hug. She wrapped her arms around his waist as she tried to stop crying.

"This is not your fault, okay?" He tried to reason and that's when she heard the growls erupted and Beth scream.

The girl pushed away slightly and aimed her gun at the walkers head and shot it as everyone looked at her scared. Her face was emotionless, she swallowed the thick bile rising in her throat as she cleared it. "I-I'm going to wash up." She mumbled as everyone else followed.

"We've been out. We've been combing these woods looking for her and she was in there all along? You knew." Shane stated to the Greene family as Beth rolled her eyes.

"Leave us alone." Maggie stated.

"Hey, Shane, just stop, man." Rick said, feeling pity as Maggie took Natalie into her arms.

"Get your hands off me. You knew and you kept it from us." Shane told them.

"I didn't know." Hershel cried.

"That's bullshit. I think y'all knew." Shane tested.

"We didn't know!" Maggie yelled angrily.

"Why was she there?!" Shane asked.

"Your- - Otis put those people in the barn. Maybe he found her and put her in there before he was killed." Hershel explained.

"You expect me to believe that? What do I look like? Do I look like an idiot?" Shane asked.

"Shane, hey hey hey." Rick tried to stop them.

"I don't care what you believe!" Hershel yelled.

"Everybody just calm down." Rick tried to diffuse the tension.