< SEVENTY THREE >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| ALWAYS ACCOUNTABLE | Chapter 73

: Bloody Ring :

The large herd of walkers continued their way down the long road

The large herd of walkers continued their way down the long road. "All right." Sasha stated.

"That's twenty?" Daryl asked, his head searching the large herd.

"It will be. Six hundred and forty two is a mile ahead. We gotta put distance between us and them before the turnoff." Sasha stated.

"So floor it." Abraham told the man while he pressed on the gas handle.

"All right, try to keep up." Daryl told them while Sasha rolled her eyes.

"Daryl, have you looked at this car?" She the chuckled. "Believe me, we want to get back there, too." Sasha told them while Daryl and the car turned on the interstate and started making their way, only for gunfire to go off.

Sasha ducked in her seat while the car skids to the ground and tried to get back up. The gunfire continued as the car's tires blew up and Daryl had to drive away leaving a car to chase them and Sasha sighed while Abraham pulled out his knife. "Leave it." She told him.

"Just gonna give it a last little polish." Abraham told her.

"What the hell you got to grin about?" Sasha asked him.

"We won, darling." Abraham told her and he started walking just as she grabbed his arm.

"There could be more." Sasha stated just as tired squealed and cars were approaching. She gave Abraham a look and they started backing away.

"Screw it." Abraham told her while they existed and Daryl on the other hand was biking through the forest area as she needed to see Natalie. A forest burnt to ash was all he could see just as he had fallen and he planted.

As a walker snarled over him, he jumped and saw the burnt body with a helmet over its face. He relaxed and looked over the sky.

<><><>

Natalie laid on the field of grass as she was dead to the world. Her eyes held no light, it being a two days and a night as Daryl hadn't returned home and the kids have been dead. She couldn't feel anything, the only sound she heard was her heart beating to a steady low rhythm. She could feel the blood drying over her skin, the way her stomach was no longer growling made her seem bearable. Her mind kept repeating to herself, 'You Have No One.' She closed her eyes as she let the tear fall, mixing with blood and grime that was left over her skin.

She looked over the blood on her hands as it was dripping down to the ground from her finger tips. She got up and lounged around, her mind wondering to what she had just done.

She had eaten a human body. Dead... but human. And she loved it. She craved for it. Her hand itched at the thought of having another bite or two, and she felt disgusted with herself.

She couldn't breathe as she stepped inside her now empty house. She dragged her mud soaked boots inside and she went into the bathroom to start stripping away her blood soaked clothes. She heard a plop sound as her shirt fell, then she pulled off her shorts and then bra and underwear. She turned the water on as high as the setting could and she stepped inside, steam already coming from the top of the curtains. She pressed her back into the stream of water, tears already streaming down her face just as she was sobbing hysterically. She had lost everything. She allowed the blood to wash away and go down the drain of the shower.

She sat down, allowing the water to go down her face and she cried until there was nothing left.

<>•<>•<>•

Well, I feel like I'm not writing a lot but that's what's happens when Daryl isn't in the picture. Please leave a comment, vote, and follow!

( Word Count 648 )

| Edited |