< THIRTY ONE >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| CLEAR | Chapter 31

: Morgan :

A sign above the sky read out 'Erin, we tried for Stone Mountain

A sign above the sky read out 'Erin, we tried for Stone Mountain. - J.' As the wind blew slightly. Natalie looked over the sign in slight sadness, her mind warping back to Sophia and how she had hope for the young girl just like these people do for Erin. She sighed and sunk in her seat lightly while looking over Rick as she kept driving. Her eyes glanced over a man, who turned around and screamed.

"Hey!" He yelled. "Hey! Slow down! Slow down! Slow- - I'm begging you!" He yelled while trying to grab at the metal vehicle and kept Natalie kept on.

"Please!" Was heard in her ears, ringing while she stayed silent and took in a deep breath.

She then came past a large crash on the road and slowly passed through as she looked over the cars she passed, finding many mutilated bodies as she felt tears prick in her eyes.

She then stopped, looking at a walker who was caught under a car and clawing at the ground to try and escape to eat their flesh.

She then looked into Rick's eyes as he held her hand. She blinked away the water from her eyes and then pressed on the gas to not move. She furrowed her eyebrows and pressed a little harder to hear the tried spinning in mud.

She rolled her eyes and then walkers came by and attached to the windows. They snarled at Rick, the only person who was appetizing to them and Natalie looked to him as he nods his head.

The girl looked over her one of the walkers wrist to find a bracelet with the name Erin. She bit her bottom lip. "Cover your ears." Rick told the small group as they did as they were told.

He rolled his window down slightly and pointed his gun over the man's chewed up face. With a slight tug in the trigger, the bullet flew out and the walker stopped and they kept coming one after the other.

In the end, they finished clearing them and Rick was looking over the suitcases. "Yeah, this'll work." He told her while pulling out a purple flower top.

He rolls it up and placed it under the tire along with some sticks to help dig it out. "Tell me when." Natalie stated. She opened and closed the door while Rick looked over towards his son.

"Hey." He stated and Carl looked up to follow him. "Put something under the car like this with a little grave and sticks. It gives you traction." Rick stated and Carl rolled his eyes.