< TWENTY SIX >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| WHEN THE DEAD COME KNOCKING | Chapter 26

: Bite Me :

Natalie sat in her chair, watching Merle come over her dramatically by scraping his knife against the table and making his way over to her

Natalie sat in her chair, watching Merle come over her dramatically by scraping his knife against the table and making his way over to her. She held an emotionless look in her eyes, being able to take in her pain easily as she was beaten by her boyfriend when she was with him. She was used to this, the intimidation, how they wanted to make you feel small. All she had to do was be the bigger dog and not give them any emotion and do as they said with no care in the world. She thought of this as a party.

"You don't even know why you're here, do you? I didn't mean you no harm. I lowered my gun, but you raised yours. You were an asshole out there, just like you were on that rooftop back there in Atlanta. What y'all did, leaving me up there- - people wouldn't do that to an animal." Merle told her and she looked into his blue eyes.

"We went back for you." She stated loosely.

"Ain't you thoughtful?" He joked while the girl rolled her eyes.

"We did, all of us- - Rick, Daryl, Glenn, Willow, T-Dog." She named off as Merle stopped her.

"Mm, T-Dog. Yeah, big ol' spear-chucker, the one I was pleading with. Mm-Hmm, the one that dropped the key. Tell me where he's at. I'm sure you two niggers hooked up, but I would like to bury the hatchet with him." He said while lowering down to her face.

She smiled over him, thinking about her true ex lover. "You would love that wouldn't you, because if I told you the truth, you would put a bullet in your brother's head." She told him as he then grabbed her face.

"Don't you dare talk about my brother. He would know better than to touch filth." He told her and she laughed.

"Oh Merle, we had fucked so many times that he should be in hell by now for how much he's sinned. Did you know he is so good with his fingers?" She teased and he slapped her face so hard that her lip busted.

Blood splattered over the floor as she took a deep breath and took in Merle's angered expression. "How about I let the farmer's daughter help me out? Tell me something- - when she's scared and all cuddled close with her boyfriend, you just remember that he will blame you for loosing her." He tried to persuade and she didn't crack. He smiled at her. "You're the toughest bitch out there, Natalie. I like that." He told her and he grabbed the back of her head while pulling the blade over her lips and on the point of her nose.

"I wanna know where my brother is." He told her and tugged on the blade as Natalie felt the burning sensation of the blade cutting her skin.