< FOUR >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| VATOS | Chapter 4

: Make It Stop :

As Daryl was in Natalie's embrace, he soon pushed her away and aimed his crossbow at T-Dog

As Daryl was in Natalie's embrace, he soon pushed her away and aimed his crossbow at T-Dog. The girl gasped and held onto her shoulder as he had pushed her healing scratches. Rick pulled his gun a Daryl's head, but Daryl didn't light up. "I won't hesitate. I don't care if every walker in the city hears it." Rick stated and Daryl blinked slightly to get rid of his tears and dropped his crossbow to his waist.

Natalie saw Glenn look at her as she waved him off, showing that her arm will be fine. "You got a do-rag or something?" Daryl asked and T-Dog pulled out a blue handkerchief and Daryl took it.

He went towards Merle's hand and put it in the rag. "I guess the saw blade was too dull for the handcuffs. Ain't that a bitch." Daryl said while he got up and looked at Glenn.

He did a motion for Glenn to turn around and put the hand in his bag as Natalie grimaced. "Is that really necessary?" She asked while holding her hand to her mouth.

"I'm not leaving the only thing of my brother left." Daryl told her and she stopped asking. "He must have used a tourniquet- - maybe his belt. Be much more blood if he didn't." Daryl said and they all started following Daryl as he lead them with the trail of blood.

"Merle? You in here?" Daryl asked and they continued to follow, only for Natalie to be the one with her nerves on edge.

Heading into an office of sorts and Daryl shooting the only zombie in the head, Natalie looked out in a room and saw two lurker bodies. "Had enough in him to take out these two sumbitches one handed. Toughest asshole I ever met, my brother. Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails." Daryl told them as Natalie made a face.

Glenn looked at her and tried hard not to laugh. "Any man can pass out from blood loss, no matter how tough he is." Rick stated and they walked over some more, trying to look for the stupid man.

"Merle!" Daryl yelled and Natalie hit his shoulder.

"We're not alone here. Remember?" Rick asked and Daryl rolled his eyes.

"Screw that. He could be bleeding out. You said so yourself." Daryl mumbled and that's when they moved to another room to find a stove fire lit.

Blood and skin was surrounding it as Natalie gagged slightly. "Oh my god, he's not bleeding out anymore." Natalie muttered as she looked over it.