< SEVENTY ONE >

Scratched And Scars • D. Dixon

| HERE'S NOT HERE | Chapter 71

: Nurse :

Now

Morgan steps into the place with tears in his eyes. "You said you liked talking. I remember that. 'Little chats with a stranger by the fire.' You said it was like the movies. Then you said that you want everything that I have. Every last bit. Well, here it is. Every last bit." Morgan told him slowly.

Then

Clear was written in red spray paint on the cement walls. "You don't clear. You don't. No. No, no. You don't. You don't. It doesn't matter how many days... or how much time. We were supposed to be there. You had the knife. You had the gun!" Morgan kept yelling while a fire started to consume the wooden building that he was screaming in. "You were supposed to. You were supposed to. You know you were supposed to. Don't lie. You know." He sobbed, the fire building higher. "You know that you were supposed to!" He cried.

<><><>

Natalie curled herself in the corner of the basement as she sobbed, the bite marks over her body burned as she moved her chest and back. She was covered in her own blood and the walkers who bit into her. After they had bitten her, their decomposed bodies choked over her flesh and blood and caused them to die.

She looked over them, the start of the apocalypse just started a week ago. One week in hell it felt like. Her backpack was full of food and water bottles, and then a suit case she dragged along filled with clothes.

The look of her brothers fear stricken face still haunted her, she could have saved him. She could have saved everyone if it wasn't for her damn job. The one thing her mother had wanted her to do. She was going to be an ER nurse.

Her mind was swirling with gore images of her family being devoured. She looked over her bloodied arms and stomach as she hissed when her fingers touched it.

The bite wounds were deep, the blood draining from her body as she was trying hard not to pass out from blood loss.

She blinked heavily, her crying had stopped while she hit her head against the wall and she passed out.

She only woke up to a person in her face. "You need to stay awake." He told her.

She felt something sharp in her abdomen while she tried to push the persons hands away. "I'm trying to help you." The voice whined while she kept pushing the guy's hands away.