< FORTY THREE >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| TOO FAR GONE | Chapter 43

: Our Home Is Gone :

"I have to talk all of you into doing something

"I have to talk all of you into doing something. Something I know we need to do. And I don't know how to talk about it." The governor told his small group of workers. They were all gathered around the man, him taking up a small moment of silence as he smiled slightly towards them.

"What do you want us to do?" Tara asked him while keeping her arms behind her back.

"I want you to survive. We're not gonna last here. The biters, there'll be a herd of them. They'll fill the pits, they'll crawl over one another. There'll be enough to tear right through our camp. Or it'll be people. There's nothing between us and the rest of the world. Nothing between us and them. We stay here, we'll die. The people who destroyed the camp I was in with Martinez... they live in a prison. It's north off Highway thirty four. They got walls... fences, plots of land for farming. We could live there." He stated and a flash back over to show off the governor punching Michonne in the face after destroying walker bodies.

He pulled away to point his gun over at Hershel. He shook his head while grunting out, "Uh-uh."

"If we're willing to take it from 'em. I have a plan to do it without anyone getting hurt. I captured two of them." The governor told his group and Tara shook her head.

"What?" She asked in shock.

"I was scouting the prison and our paths crossed so I took 'em." He told her.

"You took them?" She asked, not liking the plan.

"They're the key. They're gonna help us take that prison without firing a shot. We can have it and we don't need to kill anyone. But... we need to be prepared to." He stated while everyone nods their heads, except Tara who gave a terrified look.

<><><>

Natalie was pulling her fingers through Tilly's hair, giving it a small hair cut and the girl winced when she combed through a knot. "Stop being a baby, and let me finish." She commanded the girl playfully as Tilly rolled her eyes.

"I hate hair cuts. Can't I just braid it or keep it in a pony tail?" She asked while Natalie smirked.

"No, because then you would start looking like a mop." She told the teenage girl. Her blue strands now turning dark forest green.

Natalie had found some hair dye, and the young teenager wanted to dye her hair the teal color. Now it was faded and Natalie looked over it. "If You want anymore hair dye, I got you. No one in the apocalypse would dye their hair." She giggled and Tilly smiled.