< FIFTY >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| US | Chapter 50

: Don't Fall :

"I'm well aware it sounds bananas

"I'm well aware it sounds bananas. But looking at the fossil records, knowing what I know about this infection, you cannot say for certain it isn't what killed off the dinosaurs. Now, do I believe that's what happened? No." He told Tara and the woman rolled her eyes and Glenn kept his pace to find Maggie. "But it's enjoyable as hell to think about an undead ankylosaur going after a diplodocus. That there is a video game with a preorder. Oh, hell, yeah. Score." He stated while Tara picked up a coin. "A few more of those, a little aluminum foil and some bleach you got yourself some volts, sister. Homemade battery." He told her while she twirled the coin through her fingers and she gave it to him.

"Here." She stated.

"For reals? You don't want it?" Eugene asked while Tara nods her head.

"For reals." She muttered.

"Much obliged. Speaking of video games, what kind of gamer where you? RPGs, shmup, sim racing?" He kept asking.

Throughout the day, they had settled into a little forest area for the night and Tara couldn't get a wink of sleep. The leader, Abraham, sat down next to her with his gun in is hands. He yawned softly and stayed seated next to the girl. "Go to sleep. I got this." Tara told him with a smirk.

"No offense, but I'm not leaving Eugene's life in your hands." He told her honestly.

"You came with us because you wanted help."

"You're support, not point. We'll move north with you till I find the right vehicle just off the tracks. Then five becomes three." He told her while she thought for a moment.

"Or two." She told him, wanting to take Eugene's cure for herself.

"We each have our missions." He told her as she just sat her head down on her arms. "You need to get some sleep. I haven't seen you do it yet." He told her while she took her head up and just stared over the full moon. He chuckled slightly. "Thought it was because you were in love with him." Then he chuckled more. "A girl in love with the guy she's trying to help get to his girl. If that were the case... closing your eyes would be just too damn tragic." He told her.

"If that were the case." She muttered.

"Yeah." He whispered softly. "I saw the way you were looking down Rosita's shirt while she was serving you dinner. Hey, the things are damn near hypnotic." He laughs while she didn't utter a word. "Look, Eugene spends the day staring at her ass. I'm not mad, it just means my theory's shot." He told her.