< THIRTY >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| I AIN'T A JUDAS | Chapter 30

: Kisses And Secrets :

Cocking a gun with bullets, the small group was huddled against their cell block in fear

Cocking a gun with bullets, the small group was huddled against their cell block in fear. "We're not leaving." Rick stated angrily.

"We can't stay here." Hershel argues.

"What if there's another sniper? A wood pallet won't stop one of those rounds." Maggie told him.

"We can't even go outside." Beth added.

"Not in the daylight." Carol mumbled.

"Rick says we're not running, we're not running." Glenn agreed for the Sheriff.

"No, better to live like rats." Merle commented.

"You got a better idea?" Rick asked while turning his head to face the outcast of the group.

"Yeah, we should have slid out here last night and lived to fight another day. But we lost that window, didn't we? I'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now." Merle stated and Natalie rolled her eyes while she walked over to the man.

"We are not running from him. I got one of his men, they're going to be an easy to target." She hissed at him.

"We ain't scared of that prick." Daryl stated as Merle glared over the girl.

"Y'all should be. That truck through the fence thing, that's just him ringing the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns and numbers. And if he takes the high ground around this place, shoot, he could just starve us out if he wanted to." Merle said sourly.

"Let's put him in the other cell block." Maggie told them while wringing her hands together.

"No. He's got a point." Daryl mumbled.

"This is all you. You started this." Maggie yelled at Merle.

"What difference whose fault it is? What do we do?" Beth asks.

"I said we should leave. Now Axel's dead. We can't just sit here." Hershel stands and Rick walks off. "Get back here!" Hershel yells angrily, causing Natalie to jump. "You're slipping, Rick. We've all seen it. We understand why. But now is not the time. You once said this isn't a democracy. Now you have to own up to that. I put my family's life in your hands. So get your head clear and do something." He told him while Rick's eyes dart to Natalie.