< TWENTY FOUR >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| SAY THE WORD | Chapter 24

: It's Over :

Barking from a Labrador sounded off the the peaceful town

Barking from a Labrador sounded off the the peaceful town. The doctor was walking over to grab a few drinks and smiled over the vendor and then walked to Andrea as she smiled at him and took her drink. "Thank you. Cold drinks?" She asked while placing the ice over her neck and moaned.

"Been running the freezers all day. Not the most practical use of the generators to my mind." He told her and she gave him a large smile.

"It's kind of amazing." She stated happily while looking over her drink.

"The governor feels it's worth it." He told her and she looked into his glasses covered eyes.

"Well, to a great party. Now, if you would just drop me a hint about tonight." She persuaded as he looked to the ground.

"Hmm. Mere words can not adequately describe the festivities ahead." He told her secretively.

"Hmm." She mumbled and as they continued talking, Michonne watched from a distance and rolled her eyes. Walking away with annoyance from the blonde because she didn't listen.

The Governor, held up in his room with the blinds down, was listening to classical music and an air wick was burning to cover up the smell of his daughter.

Her rotting corpse was sitting still as he brushed her hair softly for her. While he kept doing so, a piece fell out and she grabbed his hand while snarling at him in anger. "Penny. Penny, no." He scolded her softly.

Grabbing the girl so she couldn't scratch or bite him, he holds her still. "Easy, easy. Penny, lets go." He told her as he pulled restraints on her hands. "It's nap time now." He muttered and the walker just kept squirming in his hold.

He placed a nap sack over her head and was trying I place her in her room, he looked over the window and found Michonne staring at the man.

He glared back and just kept his face emotionless.

<><><>

Natalie looked down to the infant in her hands as she cries. The woman looked to Hershel for some sort of answer, a comment about anything. The blood of Lori still soaked her clothes and hands from what she had done minutes before. Daryl went to place his hand in front of Rick's face to see he just kept staring off into space. "Rick, you with me?" Daryl asked and Natalie trembled in her shoes. "Rick?" He asked again and Natalie handed the infant to Carl.